Ohio-Cincinnati

Norman Chapel ceremony music...

I am getting married at the norman chapel next november and am struggling with ceremony music. Our DJ wanted $200 to set up and provide music for our ceremony!!!!!! We plan on having a 20-30 min ceremony tops so paying $200 was out of the question. So I was hoping for some advice from other Norman Chapel brides on what you did or plan on doing for ceremony music? We are open any violinist's or organ players as well but looking to spend very little. Any suggestions welcomed! TIA ladies!

Re: Norman Chapel ceremony music...

• edited December 2011
    I just got married there.  We used recorded music on an ipod for the music and had a couple of family members play live music.
  • edited December 2011
    We used the Newburg Trio.  It was more than the DJ, but a worth it to me.
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not decided what I'm going to do yet, but I think if we don't go with our DJ for this, I'm just going to ask someone from my Gpa's church (gpa is marrying us) to play the organ they have there...
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    edited December 2011
    You know, I just thought, maybe you could check local churches or a local school's music teacher and see if they know how to play an organ for a nominal fee :-)
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on using an mp3 player, but you could check into a local high school for a strings group. I know there are some very talented young people at Fairfield High School. You can email the orchestra teacher, Sherry Randall through the web site for the school. My sister graduated from there last year, and there were quite a few people in her class that played at weddings. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I know it's important to save $ where possible, but if I were you I would try to find some form of live music that fits your budget. (High school students, CCM students, music teachers). I used to work at Spring Grove and have seen so many weddings in the chapel (mine will be there as well!) and IMO, unless mp3 music is done well by a designated individual to change from song to song, it can cause issues. I don't mean to sound harsh, I just prefer a trio or something along those lines. It just may take some research to find some within your budget. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards