Ohio-Cincinnati

Wedding Video

We got our wedding video (DVD) and we love it.  The only problem is, that I can only play it in our DVD player.  I really want to download it to our computer so I can share it with people, but whenever I put the DVD in, I get an error that says I need a decoder.  I thought no prob I will just have someone else do it for me, but when my sister tried she got the same error.  Has anyone else had any problems playing their wedding video on their computer? Any solutions??TIA

Re: Wedding Video

• edited December 2011
    Who was your videographer?  I'd call them and let them know about the problem.  It's sounds like it was recorded using a wrong region code.
  • AMBN0102AMBN0102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually did mention it to my videographer, and he said he wasnt sure what the problem was. I told him that I wasnt able to view it on my computer and wanted to know if he could just upload the video himself, to his website or to youtube etc.  Not sure y, but he didnt seem too into that idea. I think i am going to have to talk to him again about it and tell him to figure something out for me.
  • edited December 2011
    What??????You told him you had a problem, and he didn't do anything for you????I get him not wanting to upload to youtube or anything ( a lot of videogs use proprietary music, and they can get in trouble for uploading it), but you shold definitely be able to at least watch it on your computer.  I don't know that he has to give you something that's copy-able (check your contract), but it should definitely play in your computer.Are you able to play other dvd's in your computer?  Is your wedding video a blu-ray disc or is it a dvd?  Does your DVD-player play both?  Does your computer play both?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards