California-Orange County

Cruise wedding & pre "bon voyage" party!

Hi all!

So I thought I'd test out our plans on ya'll! My fiance and I are getting married on a cruise ship that allows for sailing and non-sailing guests to come to ceremony and partake in a luncheon/reception shortly thereafter.

In order for us to NOT lose a money with our previously booked vendor we are thinking of turning our would be original reception (which we can't have due to cruising time constraints) into a pre "bon voyage" wedding where guests who wish to attend just the "reception" can come the night before (most are out of state/area) or guests who will be attending the ceremony the next day and/or joining the weekend cruise with us can come and meet & greet those who also will be attending/sailing with us. This will give us the option to have some things we will miss by having a cruise wedding package such as flowers (since we can't take the ones in cruise package off for agriculteral reasons) we can create and preserve (shadow boxes!!) and the traditional all out wedding cake that has been so carefully planned out/picked/and changed so many times.

Just to get an idea.... how do you think this will be precieved? The pre "bon voyage" wedding?

Re: Cruise wedding & pre "bon voyage" party!

• kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it sounds like a rehearsal dinner (or day after brunch, but the day before). I think it is a good idea. We had a cocktail rehearsal dinner because we wanted our extended families to meet each other. And our actual "rehearsal" was the day before because of scheduling conflicts, so really, this was just a pre-wedding dinner party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards