California-San Diego
Options

Indoor/Outdoor Venues with lodging

Anyone have any advice on a ceremony and reception venue with lodging?  All of our 50 guests will be traveling from out of town and we want to make things simple.  We'd love an outdoor ceremony with a  beautiful ocean view but wouldn't mind a mountain view.  We're planning a fall wedding and would like an indoor reception with a beautiful view as well.  And as always, the cheaper the better!  We're hoping to stay under $10,000 for everything (hopefully =)!

Any advice/reviews would be great!

Re: Indoor/Outdoor Venues with lodging

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oceanveiw villas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are okay with a mountain view, you might check out Julian. It is beautiful in the fall. There are a couple of places that have wedding packages and lodging:

http://www.julianca.com/weddings/index.htm#Wedding%20Locations
    imageimage
  • Options
    melindasr5melindasr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Inn at Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach holds weddings, though I don't know what the cost is
    http://innatsunsetcliffs.com/events/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding site is on the ocean with an outdoor ceremony and inside reception, and is a hotel: Best Western Island Palms on Shelter Island.  I also have about 50 people coming as well, and they've really been good about being cheaper than a lot of places in San Diego (it is definitely hard to find a place where you don't get charged a lot even if you are small!)
  • Options
    MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can have someone sponsor you on a base then the Oceanview Room at the Point Loma Sub Base is very pretty.  It is right on the water and I believe they have rooms there for your guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards