California-San Diego

Eek!!! We reserve our venue next week for our 9/15/2012 wedding! Any advice?

I am totally new to this wedding venue hunting and we are flying out to California to reserve our venue for our Sept 15, 2012 wedding! We are active duty Marine Corps family and are currently stationed in San Antonio, TX (fiance is on recruiting). I have a list of places I want to go look at that i've seen only via internet. We will be in California for all of next week from the 11th-16th and have to find our venue during that time frame.

Are there any venues that are a must see? My budget is $20,000 and that includes flowers, dj, catering, etc....all except for our wedding attire. We are inviting a little over 200 people but know we can cut at least 30-40 people out from coming because they won't be able to. I am wanting an indoor reception and an outdoor ceremony. Right now, my #1 choices are Sherwood Country Club (BEAUTIFUL!) and Etiwanda Gardens. I have a couple close #2's I want to look at, but Sherwood is the top one right now. Anyone have a wedding there?

What are some other venues that would fit this budget and is absolutely stunning? Anywhere from LA to San Diego is fine. Thanks for all your help!

Re: Eek!!! We reserve our venue next week for our 9/15/2012 wedding! Any advice?

• AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Grand Tradition Estate or Los Willows (both in Fallbrook).  They offer beautiful scenery! 

The reception at those places are in tented "indoor-like" spaces (Los willows I believe is air conditioned if needed).  Both should be within your budget from what I remember them quoting me.  Los Willows also offers active military discounts. 

I'm getting married at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina on Harbor Island and was pretty against having a ballroom reception, but our room (Catalina room) has a terrace that overlooks the water and is BEAUTIFUL and not as ballroom like as I had expected them all to be.  The ceremony space is also beautiful, as one whole side is next to the harbor. 

I looked at a bunch more venues that I could probably find my list for you, but there's a start anyway.  BTW, I looked in all of the Southern California tabs on Herecomestheguide.com to find all of my venue options.  It was very helpful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, when you're looking at so many venues in a short period of time (I think we did about 16 in 2 days), bring a list of questions and a notebook to take notes on each venue!  Also take a camera to take pictures.  You don't have to sign a contract while you're there, take a few days to go over the options when you get back.  We have done ALL of our contracts via internet with our venue and have had no problems!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much! I will definitely be sure to include these things from both of you! I think my number one place right now is the Sherwood Country Club. The internet pictures look STUNNING!
  • edited December 2011
    Also check out the Darlington House and the Thursday Club.  Both beautiful places that have a lot of charm!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if you made your decision already, but the Admiral Kidd Club is a beautiful location, stunning view of San Diego and good price. I am helping two my girlfriends who are having weddings at this location. One in Feb. and one the year after. Check it out!
  • affairsbyamyaffairsbyamy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure to find somewhere guests can easily fly in and out of, with lodging and transportation nearby. There is a lot of distance between San Diego and Los Angeles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards