Minnesota

Wedding & Reception Locations in Saint Cloud

Hey everyone!  I was hoping for some help finding some ideas around the Saint Cloud area.  We live in the area but don't know where to start looking.  We'd like ideas on the possibility of an 'all inclusive' place, other than the Holiday Inn.  Don't know if that's possible so any suggestions are welcome!  Thanks SO MUCH!

Re: Wedding & Reception Locations in Saint Cloud

• edited December 2011
    Blackberry Ridge in Sartell is a really nice golf course, otherwise you could check ou the Kelly Inn if you want a hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the idea!  We will check it out!
  • kmeinzkmeinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Mulligan's in Sartell, the Gorecki Center at St. Ben's and Territory Golf Club. We liked all three places and they were all about the same price-wise. One thing that was nice about Mulligans is that they include shuttle service to some hotels after the reception so your guests can get a ride after drinking. If you want a place for your guests to stay nearby the Gorecki Center offers dorm rooms for rent.

By "all-inclusive" do you mean you want a reception hall/hotel combo? Or someplace that does their own food so you don't have to hire a caterer? All three places I mentioned do their own food so you wouldn't need to hire an outside caterer. If you want a hotel I know several people who were happy with the Kelly Inn and I know the Radisson downtown also does weddings.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    just a quick note, our wedding is not in the cities, but we are using a bunch of vendors that are. So don't feel like you are limited to just the local vendors. Many of them will travel. Photogs, limo, cake, DJ, etc.
  • edited December 2011

By inclusive we were thinking that the ceremony and reception would  be all in one place.  Having a place to stay as well would be awesome, but we are open to shuttle services. I will definitely check into Mulligans and see about the shuttle service.  If we can save some money, and it's near the price that Territory's is, then that may be a go for us.  I'm not too worried about catering as most locations that we have looked at have their own food.  It would be nice to have the food at the same location, instead of dealing with another vendor.  As far as a DJ goes, we were looking at DJ BGlad from the Minnsapolis area. There may be more from that area as we think on more plans.  We have to do what's best best for the budget, as does everone.  We are open to vendors from any area if they can give/get us what we want/need.  Thanks so very much all!

• KAVBRIDEKAVBRIDE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check into Eagle Trace Golf and Event Center in Clearwater.... Not many people know of this loacation and it's a very pretty place...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_wedding-reception-locations-saint-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:779f6466-71a0-454a-9fc6-2dee6e7530b8Post:9f7f627f-b519-4cb8-a2e8-e32a7d73c50e">Re: Wedding & Reception Locations in Saint Cloud</a>:
    [QUOTE]By inclusive we were thinking that the ceremony and reception would  be all in one place.  Having a place to stay as well would be awesome, but we are open to shuttle services. I will definitely check into Mulligans and see about the shuttle service.  If we can save some money, and it's near the price that Territory's is, then that may be a go for us.  I'm not too worried about catering as most locations that we have looked at have their own food.  It would be nice to have the food at the same location, instead of dealing with another vendor.  As far as a DJ goes, we were looking at DJ BGlad from the Minnsapolis area. There may be more from that area as we think on more plans.  We have to do what's best best for the budget, as does everone.  We are open to vendors from any area if they can give/get us what we want/need.  Thanks so very much all!
    Posted by alegna24[/QUOTE]

Check out my bio (there is a link under my ticker)for a full list of our vendors
    We are having our reception at the Kelly Inn. The include tables, chairs, linens, silverware, food, beverages etc They also provide their honeymoon suite for us and discounted rooms for our guest, not to mention you are across the street from the radison too.  I  know they also do ceremonies in the ballroom as well.  PM me if you are interested in more details and I can give you their contact info.
  • edited December 2011
    As far as DJ, we are using Midwest Sound. They are willing to travel, and have been really great to work with, I never would have thought to ask about back-up DJs.
  • AnnaFVAnnaFV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at St. Cloud Country Club.  They are inclusive meaning they do all the catering, they provide the linens, they help serve the cake.  What else was nice about them is that they do not require a food and beverage minimum like most place did.  That's what we were looking for since we are inviting 95 guests and most likely wouldn't have been able to meet that requirement.

Also once you have selected your place, ask them if they know of other great vendors for djs, photographers, florists, etc.  Being in the wedding business provides a lot of great networks and they are all happy to help each other out.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  We have looked at St. Cloud Country Club, and Kelly Inn.  We are now leaning more towards a small ceremony at Munsinger and reception at Le Saint Germain (Old Radisson).  Kelly Inn was booked for the day we were thinking of.  Very helpful ladies!  Thanks so much again : )  I'm glad I joined here so far!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_wedding-reception-locations-saint-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:779f6466-71a0-454a-9fc6-2dee6e7530b8Post:178366f1-a658-417a-8ba4-a6e9d614260c">Re: Wedding & Reception Locations in Saint Cloud</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys!  We have looked at St. Cloud Country Club, and Kelly Inn.  We are now leaning more towards a small ceremony at Munsinger and reception at Le Saint Germain (Old Radisson).  Kelly Inn was booked for the day we were thinking of.  Very helpful ladies!  Thanks so much again : )  I'm glad I joined here so far!!!
    Posted by alegna24[/QUOTE]

O h my gosh a ceremony at Munsinger would be so pretty I love munsinger!
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards