Ohio-Cincinnati

Anyone experience rude event planner?

Hi all,

I have heard so many good things on here about the Embassy Suites Rivercenter, that I made an appointment and was so excited to finally see the place in person. I was in love with the pictures I had seen and they seemed to offer what we wanted at a reasonable price.

I was so dissappointed when we got there, we waited patiently for 10 mins in the lobby for the event planner and once she got there she rushed us through each of the different rooms. After showing us the rooms and the outdoor space she simply said, "here are our brochures, call me if you have any questions" and then proceeded to hand them to us and started to walk away.

Of course we had questions! At each other site we visited, we were taken to a room after the showing and able to discuss the menus, options, etc but it seemed like this person was so anxious to get us out of there that she pushed us out the door. I called her about an hour later and left a message with a few questions and she never did call me back, it has been over a week.

We would really have loved to have our reception there but the experience was so horrible that we went with another vendor who treated us much better. I hope no one else has had this experience, it seemed very strange to me, after I had read so many great reviews.
Photobucket

Re: Anyone experience rude event planner?

• allis0nmarieallis0nmarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is very strange because our wedding will be held at the Rivercenter in September and the event manager has been nothing but helpful. 
    Did you meet with Shannon?? She has let us look at the space numerous times throughout the planning process and responded to my many, many emails with questions very promptly. 
    I don't know what date you toured the space but I know they have been remodeling one the rooms for months now and planned a grand opening a few weeks ago...so maybe that had something to do with it??
    Sorry that happened to you :/
  • edited December 2011
    Follow your heart. Take this as a warning, no return calls before you even sign the contract.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• brownd9brownd9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    allis0nmarie - Yes I met with Shannon. Maybe you are right about them being busy, but I still felt like I was unimportant and my business was not wanted. Oh well.

PP you are probably right about things working out for the best. I am very happy with the location we chose!

Thank you all.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    yw!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• hsnodgrahsnodgra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! I'm also having my wedding there - and Shannon has been great. She did sit down and go over everything with us (and did not rush us out) & has always returned my calls right away.

Who knows why things were different for you, but I don't blame you for taking your business elsewhere... those first impressions are a big deal to me... anyone that even came across as slightly rude was crossed off my list.

Oh well, good luck with the rest of your planning & I hope the venue you decided on works out well!
  • pollyscharmpollyscharm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How weird that is NOT like Shannon, I have been the most high maintence bride in the land( I decided to get married 3 hours before the WEBN fireworks, DUUUUHH) but despite my list of demands, Shannon has been great. I'm not thrilled w/ how they are handling our hotel room that nite, NO RIVER VIEW!!! I mean c'mon, we're spending a boat load. But, she has gone to bat w/ the sales mgr for me and been very prompt! I hope that where ever you choose it is wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards