• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2011 Weddings

Bridal Shows

My FI and I are planning on going to a local bridal show in a couple of weeks to get some ideas and to see what kind of vendors our area has to offer. Has anyone been to a bridal show? Any tips on making the most of our time there?

Re: Bridal Shows

• It can be verrrrry overwhelming, but if you know what vendors you need to target you can be really successful in getting a feel for them and making appointments for consultations/quotes! You can win prizes too!
  • Hi,

I went to a show back in August 2009 soon after I became engaged.  I really just went to see what was available, and to expand my options in the planning process.  Now, I'm going this weekend (1/9) with specifics.  Oh yea, and I actually won a couple of prizes at the last show - now we have our honeymoon taken care of already!

Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Bridal Shows are all about vendors selling their services:

Entertainment (Bands DJs)
    Beauty
    Photog/Video
    Reception Halls (unless it's already at a venue)
    Limos
    Florists
    Bridal Shops

One recommendation, Have some Labels printed up (home printer, buy some cheapo avery labels) with your Name, phone#, Address, Email Address, Best time to call, and when you are getting married. This  may seem a little cocky but if you are trying to get information it's a pain in the butt signing up on each vendor's clipboard.

Also if there are doorprizes, you probably will have a sheet with each vendor and a spot for their initials.  Be Honest with the Vendors - let them know you already booked a <insert vendor type here /> and you just need them to initial the sheet.

Try to stick with Bridal Shows where not everyone is free.  This may sound silly, but Free (not just the Bride) means people bring their whole families, which gets annoying and overwhelming.

Last tip, don't bring your FI.  My FI is really good about being involved with wedding planning/researching.  He felt tortured at the Bridal Show. Go with you mom or friend and collect all the pamphlets and media from the vendors and bring it home to review with  your FI.
  • Sasam131Sasam131 member
    100 Comments
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for all the tips! We went to the bridal show today and it was so much fun! I got so much information and I feel like I'm ready to take wedding planning head on! I even won the grand prize... a romance package for me and my FI! We get a wine dinner for 2 and a jacuzzi suite with champagne. So exciting! :)
  • Congratulations!  I went to the show a couple of weeks ago and I was able to find my photographer and I have narrowed down my choice for the vendor who will make my wedding cake.  Oh yea, and I ended up winning another trip for two - this one is to Las Vegas, including travel and hotel accomodations!  Now I have to find time to take a trip before the wedding!  I guess that's a good thing though.
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards