• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2011 Weddings

Venues

We're getting married on New Year's Day in Portland, OR and I have no idea where to even start looking for locations. Neither of us are religious but we haven't ruled out churches. And we also need to stay in a tight budget I don't want to have to spend a ton on the venue. Any ideas? My mom and sister both live out of state. I need help!

Re: Venues

• I'm having issues figuring out a good venue as well. I have it narrowed down to a couple of options, but it's hard deciding on the right one. Neither of us attend church regularly, but I attended church when I was younger and so that church may be an option. If we hold our ceremony there, then we could have our reception at a reception hall that's about 10 minutes away. Our other main option is an old mansion that they've redone to accommodate wedding ceremonies and receptions. My only fear is that it may be too small. My only suggestions other than churches would be hotels in the area. If they have a nice ballroom or something. Good luck finding a venue!
  • You may want to try asking this on your local board. [url]http://tinyurl.com/ykmq6n2[/url] Although it doesn't seem like there are a lot of posters over there, you still could probably get some good answers.
  • Well, we live in Cali, so we're getting married on the beach but our reception is going to be at our favorite restaurant. You can't beat the price and the decor is already done for us pretty much. Plus the food is FABULOUS!
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards