• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2011 Weddings

I booked my venue!

WOOOOO! I signed the contract today! No backing out now!! I know it's waaaaay in advance but I have the spare time right now so I'm trying to do as much as I can while I can.
:: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::

Re: I booked my venue!

• That's exciting! Congrats!
  • Thanks Sara. BTW, we're date twins!
  • Congrats! I did mine a month ago :) Feels GOOD to be getting some things out of the way now- I totally agree with you! I told FI I'd rather just have to finalize vendor things towards the end vs. be making endless DIY projects!
  • Congrats to you too Brittany! We're date twins as well! It's a HUGE relief to have it booked now! I'm even pretty sure that I have my dress picked out. Will order it in February. BTW, I love your reception venue! Really cool, I wanted to find something like that but we fell in love with this hotel so we're doing it all there.
  • Thank you! I LOVE it. Funny enough though, we were looking at our Westin here as a runner up! I thought I had found my dress, and I'll know tomorrow for sure. I'm driving an hour away to see a Maggie Sottero that I had fallen in love with long before being engaged, but had forgotten about it. We shall see!
  • Maggie Sottero is my favorite designer but when I went to try on her dresses, they didn't quite fit the right way. I posted a link to the dress I fell in love with below (I'm gonna order it without the straps). I don't have it posted on my bio in case FI stumbles across it. Good luck with the dress! Be sure to post if you get it or find something else! Make sure to take pictures too so you remember what it looks like on you.http://tinyurl.com/yfm77qm(if the link doesn't work, it's San Patrick: Perfume)
  • Oh my gosh, so I didn't get to try on the Brielle fully (just open holding it against me, damn those size 10 samples) but it's INCREDIBLE in person. I did try on another Maggie for size/fit, and I'm in love. :) I'll put some pics (of it on the mannequin) in my bio. Won't have a pic of me in it until mine comes in next year since I'll order in December. So excited!
  • OMG Brittany, that dress is STUNNING! Congrats! How much is it? And YES, damn those size 10 samples!! I was only able to hold my dress us to me as well. But I was also able to try on a larger sample of the my designer (still really small though) to at least get the idea.
  • It's going to end up being about 1250 because of the "size" fee (ugh). But the dress I THOUGHT I was going to be ordering was going to be around a thousand because of custom alterations such as adding a corset and sweetheart neckline so..totally worth it. This dress has it all, and so perfect and wintery :) AND it matches the veil even more perfectly than the dress I had thought it matched well ha. Fate.
  • That's really great! I really wanted a corset back but the dress I'm getting doesn't come with it. The bridal salon told me they could add it for $150 on top of the $400 alterations charge... which I think is insane!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards