January 2011 Weddings

Wedding Recap(s)

Unfortunately January is over. I know personally that I really enjoyed sharing my experiences and getting to hear from other brides. Especially since I planned my entire wedding by myself and did all of my DIY projects also.

Any ladies want to share your wedding recap? What are some of the highlights of your big day? Any lows? Wish you had done anything differently? Anything go terribly wrong?; etc.

I am super glad that I made a backup hair appointment. My orginal stylist...FORGOT my wedding. I am not kidding you, she changed her number and since my wedding was a Sunday I could not contact her. I do not know why I had a gut feeling to have a backup but I am glad I did. I had not heard from my original stylist nearly 2 weeks before my wedding. 4 days before I tried to contact her. She had taken off work and went on vacation. She called me the day I got back from my honeymoon asking me what time should she be there ( Jan 9) I had to keep myself from going nuts! I went to two hair trials, had her mark me down, EVERYTHING. How rude!

The only other failing was the ridiculous amount of guests who decided to text ( or email me) between Jan 1 until 11:30 ( the time of the wedding) to tell me they weren't attending. Out of the 60 rsvps. We had 45 guests. Some people didn't bother to call, those who did had ridiculous excuses. I had a guest say she was busy but her fb status was all about the great time she had doing a surprise out of town new years eve getaway. The list goes on.

All and all, my wedding day was fantastic. I had an amazing time. The food was amazing. Our wedding photographer was superman ( not kidding!), and our wedding cake was superb! The best plus of all, I married my best friend of nearly 5 years :]
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards