January 2011 Weddings

Centerpieces??

What are ya'll doing??? I am starting to meet with florists tomorrow so i try and look on the knot, and wedding channel and there isnt really anything i see that sparks my interest. Can y'all show me pics o give me an idea of what y'all want??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Centerpieces??

• Ours are kinda like that ^^^ But taller vase, a mirror underneath, rocks at the bottom, an accient light under the rocks, and it will be floating rose heads in the middle. I like the floating candle centerpieces
    ~January 2011~
    WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
    image image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are doing 2 centerpieces (all DIY)

Something very similar to this, but a little more modern.  The branches will be champagne and we will fill the vase with black river rocks.  We are going to hang crystals and snowflakes from the branches.  No pinecones though :)

These will be the second ones, but I don't think we will have the berries.  I LOVE floating candles (this is actually the only thing FI said he really wanted--I guess the man loves floating candles too, HAHA)

Do you want a lot or a little flowers?  What type of wedding are you having (i.e really traditional or a little more modern?)  I see floral centerpieces as pretty traditional whereas the branch idea is a little more modern IMO.  I think that might help you decide more on the look you want :)  Also your budget may decide that factor for you too!  GL  I hope you find something you love!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Half our our CPs are DIY

The other half are these tall crystal trees since the ceiling is soo high!

• Three cylindrical vases of different heights, filled with cranberries, water and floating candles.  The lots of other tea lights.
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Jess, that is so beautiful!! We are doing round bowls with roses in them. The bottom of the round bowls will be filled with sand and shells. I really hope they are going to be as nice as they say they will be!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010

OMG I think i am a big  idiot i still cant figure how to do the whole imgae thing, sh*t i even got a freakin photobucket bc i thought maybe i was just to stupid with shutterfly and tinypic.com.....anyways we have eiffle tower vases that we want to use.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We don't have any pics yet but we'll have to go burch tree hunting. The wedding planner wants us to go find burch tree sticks (I think that's what she said)  Then we have to clean them and spray paint them.  It's what she did for her daughter's wedding and they looked very gorgeous.  At first I wanted crystal trees but even DIY is expensive with those.
    Loving the journey. January 2011 Board July Siggy Challenge: The Dress! image
  • JaclynManey- That sounds exactly like the centerpieces I want to do, but I am having a hard time finding a picture! Do you happen to have one?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2011 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Bouquet
  • In Response to Re: Centerpieces??:
    JaclynManey- That sounds exactly like the centerpieces I want to do, but I am having a hard time finding a picture! Do you happen to have one?
    Posted by labercrombie41
    These sound similar to what we are doing.  You could check out my bio...the pic I found isn't spray painted, but it gives you a general idea!  Otherwise google manzanita branch centerpieces, that's what my look is going to be based off of, but I don't want to pay for the expensive branches when I can find some in my backyard! Plus it's less wasteful IMO! HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Centerpieces??:
    In Response to Re: Centerpieces?? : These sound similar to what we are doing.  You could check out my bio...the pic I found isn't spray painted, but it gives you a general idea!  Otherwise google manzanita branch centerpieces, that's what my look is going to be based off of, but I don't want to pay for the expensive branches when I can find some in my backyard! Plus it's less wasteful IMO! HTH!
    Posted by debbies44
    I'll go check out your bio now! Thanks :) I agree with you for sure, you can find them in your backyard and make them just as pretty!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2011 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Bouquet
  • We have a couple different centerpieces. I thought these were it, but our florist would also like to do eiffel tower vases with callas in them to add some height to the reception venue. We might end up with three. Here are the two DIYs that I'm doing.

• I fell in love with these the second I saw them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards