• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
February 2011 Weddings

8 months to go...

So yesterday made it 8 months until my wedding date, Feb 20....and it just kinda hit me - I'm really getting married in only 8 months.  I've been engaged for 6 months now and everything seemed pretty far away, but now it all seems so close!  Anyone else feeling the same way?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 8 months to go...

• Wow!!  Congrats....

Me and my husbands tied the knot on March 10th, 2001 and wasn't able to have a wedding.  Now that it's been almost 10 years we have decided to have a nice wedding.  Cake and all.  Im so excited.

So have you started buying anything???  I only bought my favors.... Smile

• We have big things taken care of - the reception site, dj, photographer.  I'm hoping to finish addressing my save the dates soon.  All the small things though still haven't been touched.

Good luck planning your 10yr, how exciting that you have the opportunity to have a wedding finally.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married 5 days after you!! I have my dress, Dj, Photographer, and we are changing our venue this week! We already had one picked out but the wedding planner there sucks so we changed venue! We are going to send out save the dates very soon. I am working on my cardbox right now. I am sooo excited to get married. The closer it gets and the more we spend on the wedding the more real it becomes!

• Ladies, can you believe it's only 8 months!! :-)  I'm getting married 2/19 and, yes it all really hit me this weekend.  As I was out shopping with one of my bridesmaids for BM dresses, it sort of all became a reality.  We've been engaged since last August so everything has always seemed so far away and that we have so much time to do everything.  Now, after licking my last save the date envelope and placing the last stamp, I am sort of freaking out (in a good way!)  We have our venue, florist, photographer, DJ, and officiant.  We now just need our ceremony musicians, transportation, and invitations.  I look at the check list they have here on the knot, and it makes me a little overwhelmed!  How is everyone else doing with planning?? :) Oh, and we selected the tuxes on Sunday as well!  everything is really falling into place! 

<3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2011-weddings_8-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:642Discussion:61624e15-ab86-454b-a00a-3acbc917bfc9Post:da6bde93-b09e-4795-a521-c281b8d3d35e">Re: 8 months to go...</a>:
    [QUOTE] We've been engaged since last August so everything has always seemed so far away and that we have so much time to do everything.  Now, after licking my last save the date envelope and placing the last stamp, I am sort of freaking out (in a good way!) 
    Posted by sarahmraley[/QUOTE]

I completely know what you mean...we started planning back in January and people looked at us like we were crazy, planning more than 12 months out.  But now we are only 8 months out and I feel like although we have a lot of the "big items" out of the way, there is still a ton to do and the upcoming months are going to just fly by!  When I think about the wedding being only eight months away I start to get butterflies and can't help but smile thinking about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi ladies... I am knew these boards... it's great to see that there are boards based on wedding month! I felt so alone getting married in the winter! I wish the eight months would fly faster tho!

I have done the big things...reception, ceremony sites booked...dress bought..chose three options for BM dresses....color is dusty rose (suttle type pink)....looked at options for an invitation (decided against doing STDs)

• I'm getting married 2/26 and can't believe how quickly everything has started moving!  We're going to be sending out save the dates in the next 2 months, and then it's time to start working on the smaller details.  We also got most of the big things out of the way early - we've already booked our ceremony site and reception hall, caterer, I've got my dress, we've got a photographer and DJ and we've got a great lead on a bakery.  The last 2 months or so have been pretty relaxing because we did so much stuff early on.  We've just started putting our registry together, which is so much fun!  Next items to do are engagement pictures, bridesmaid dresses and honeymoon!  Yay!
  • I'm getting married on the 19th, too!  It's the day after our 7th anniversary so I know we will both remember!  I have gotten the venue and ceremony down.  It's all in the same place so that was a lot off my hands.  I also have my bridal outfit and we've registered for some stuff.  I'm trying to find a photographer we like and that we can afford.  I have yet to sign on with a florist and DJ, but I have interviews with both soon.  It's so exciting!
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have my dress and booked my violinist. I picked out all of my vendors and deposits will go in within the next few weeks. I think I even have all of the small details planned. I am really starting to feel the stress bc I haven't put the deposits down yet but my wedding is on a Monday so hopefully it won't be too bad. The reception vendor and D.J. booked me without the deposit so that I will have the date held (they are soooo sweet). No one else seems worried about not having booked vendors but me and I don't see anyone else getting married on Valentines Day so maybe I'm freaking out for nothing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im getting married on feb 26 too. i thought that i was the only one getting married in the middle of winter. i guess im not alone now. i feel like i havnt gotten anything done. but really i just have toget all the small things done now.
  • We're getting married on the 19th too! 7 months and 1 week away too long! :) My fiance is on a deployment right now so we had to wait till he was home (obviously) and since he's getting home around Christmas and the holidays are always so busy, we're waiting till Feb 19. And we're in CA so it's not really winter weather here usually-- we'll see! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2011-weddings_8-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:642Discussion:61624e15-ab86-454b-a00a-3acbc917bfc9Post:549255e9-ea20-40ff-bde7-3b0e0f191134">Re: 8 months to go...</a>:
    [QUOTE]And we're in CA so it's not really winter weather here usually-- we'll see! :)
    Posted by kch2011[/QUOTE]

Where in California are you getting married?  My ceremony is in Venice and reception is in San Pedro.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards