• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
February 2011 Weddings

new sister in law help

This isn't what you think it is.  My soon to be new sister-in-law is a sweetheart.  The situation we're dealing with is a delicate one.  Susan, my soon to be SIL is amazing and I love her with all my heart.  But Susan is a little slow, I don't say it to be mean there's just no other way to put it.  She doesn't do well with large crowds (and I mean large crowds as in more than just her mom, dad, david and I) and tends to withdraw from group related activities.
Now she is really psyched about this wedding and wants to help, my difficulty is what kind of tasks do I ask her to do.  She's an adult so putting her in charge of nothing will just upset her (which is beyond easy to do) but I know I can't ask too much of her.
I thought about handing out programs or letting people know where their table is, but she never initiates conversation, so that won't work.  I thought about having her in charge of making sure the wedding party had the flowers when it was time for the ceremony, but my sister is picking up all the flowers and it's not exactly a needed job.
Any thoughts?
here's a some info on the wedding :
non-traditional
ceremony and reception site are the same, a large, remote, log wood cabin like venue
formal sit down dinner
around 200 guests
let me know if you come up with something.
thanks!
Jennifer

Re: new sister in law help

• Yeah lighting the candles would be a great idea if you are going to have candles on the reception tables. I am going to give that to one of the ushers, I think.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards