• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
February 2011 Weddings

When should the Honeymoon get booked?

We are planning to honeymoon to Madrid or Barcelona, Spain. And need to get our passports. How long does it take to get your passport back? and when are us February Brides supposed to be scheduling our honeymoons?

Re: When should the Honeymoon get booked?

• Your honeymoon desitnations sound like fun:) My wedding will be on 2/12 and we are leaving to go on a 7 day cruise on 2/13. We booked ours in July because it seems as though traveling rates are more reasonable the earlier you book. As for the passports, I read that it takes six to eight weeks to receive your passport unless you pay extra for a rushed delivery and that may take about two weeks.

Hope that helps:)
  • Apply for your passport now.  I have heard horror stories of it taking forver to get your passport back.  And if you apply now, you won't have to pay the expedite fee. 

As for when to book, I think I will PP about the sooner the better.  I've been keeping an eye on mine though and just waiting for the best price. 
  • Periwinkle19Periwinkle19 member
    10 Comments
    edited August 2010
    We are getting married on 2/12 and our honeymoon starts on 2/16.  We had our cruise tickets in April.  I would get your passport now.

We are going to Honolulu for 3 days and then a 7-day Hawaiian cruise.
  • It took our passports about 4 weeks to get here.  We ordered them just before the rate hike without knowing!!  Also, we booked our honeymoon in early March but it was only because it was a deal through my dad's time share company and we had to take it!!  Our flights we booked as soon as we could in March.  I would get things done now so you're not stressed trying to get it done closer to February! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are looking to book honeymoon right now..... i would get passports asap,,,,, its about 8 weeks to get them

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards