• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
February 2011 Weddings

Stuck on Colors

I'm having a really hard time coming up with wedding colors.  I only gravitate towards all things white!  Or ivory to be exact.  However, everyone tells me how boring that is and that I have to choose colors.  Any ideas for me?  What are your colors?  Maybe I can borrow some inspiration ;)

Married February 26th, 2011 TTC #1 since May 2011

Re: Stuck on Colors

• I think red is a very romantic color, that's why we're having our wedding in red&white.
    Ivory is a very nice color, but maybe you are afraid to combine colors. It depends on your personality, or in the season you're having your wedding, for example: bright colors for spring weddings, and soft colors for winter... maybe!
    We made our choice based on our perception of red, plus we're having our wedding on February 19  2011 (days after St. Valentine's day).
    There are many georgeus color combinations, like lavender& white.. I don't know. Think about it, maybe you find the perfect combo.
  • Well my wedding is Feb. 26,2011 and our colors are chocolate and champage but we are going to add some tiffany blue to the reception decour. I can tell you to just go to the fabric store and look at colors something will jump out at you
    Makayla BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The fabric store is a wonderful idea.  I hadn't thought of that, thanks!
    Married February 26th, 2011 TTC #1 since May 2011
  • Hey, if you want to do white and ivory, do it, it's your wedding, and it won't be boring.... just style it up.. that could be beautiful!!  As for our colors, we've decided on a dark red and a sage/apple kinda green with white... 
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker www.mywedding.com/graigandmarie
  • I agree that you should do what you want to do. Keep in mind that if you decide on adding another color you do not have to include it a whole lot. Do what makes you happy. All white or ivory weddings can be really pretty too!

We are getting married on Feb. 19th and our colors are red, silver, and ivory. 

Good luck!
  • Our wedding is 2/5/11, and our colors are chocolate brown and red. I know what you mean, it's an important decision. I think an all white, or Ivory wedding would be beautiful. Do what feels right, I'm sure it will be amazing, whatever you choose. 
  • It's your wedding, so you can have whatever colors you want, and lack of color can also be beautiful and sopisticated. We're having black, white, and silver.
    Anniversary
  • My wedding is Feb 12, 2011 I am having Ice blue, Silver and White  - A snowflake theme, we are getting married on a Ski hill
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards