July 2012 Weddings
Options

Favors...

So FI and I had a brilliant idea to do jones soda bottles with our picutre on them. trouble is, they're kind of expensive. I hate to sound like I don't care, but I know half of them are going to not even be consumed and just left. for the amount we need, it will be close to 700 bucks.

What's everyone else's favor ideas? I think I need a new one...
Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors...

• Options
    wow! that's a lot!  Especially for favors!  But its some unique!

We're having a photobooth and we're just giving them frames that hold photostrips.

You don't have to give favors...maybe a donation to your favorite charity?
  • Options
    I have two things. We're doing a candy buffet which I don't really consider a favor, but most people do.  The other thing we're doing is having white mini buckets and I am putting a yankee candle in each.  It's a beach scent to go along with our beach theme.
  • Options
    We are just doing a donation to our favorite Charity.  Favors are great but in all honesty most people end up throwing it away anyway so why not give something to a good cause!
  • Options
    We are doing a wine bottle stopper for our favors. We tried to think of what people would actually reuse and not throw away or just into the drawer. Both of our families love wine so we figured it was the best thing....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm doing something edible, haven't decided yet.  Just bought small white boxes and ribbon for them so far.  Let's face it, everyone needs something to eat when they can't find the people passing hordouvres around at cocktail hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    thanks for all the ideas girls!! I may end up doing something edible, that I could possibly make myself (idk if i'll be too stressed or not)..AllyG good point about them actually being eatten. The flavor of jones we were going to get would have been blue bubble gum (great for kids, not so much for adults!) ha ha! I like the charity idea too. We will see... Thanks again!
  • Options
    I'm thinking about either something practical or edible. My initial idea was these super cute lovebird s&p shakers to go with the theme.. but FI doesn't like birds, so no more theme. I saw some really pretty wine stoppers so I'm considering one of those. Or edible seems like a good idea, but I haven't thought of anything I like yet. Good luck! Let us know once you get some ideas! :)
  • Options
    All great ideas ladies! We're doing an edible near and dear to my heart. My grandma passed away two years ago and i'm really sad she wont be there so we are making her special oatmeal choclate chip cookies (we call em 'grandma cookies') We will put 2 or 3 them in little cute baggies or adorable boxes with  a little taggies explaing why they're special :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aw I_everett that's adorable!! i love how it has so much meaning to you!
  • Options
    We weren't going to do favors for budget reasons and I know 99% of our guests would rather have an open bar than a favor so we didn't even consider doing them.

BUT I am in LOVE with the photobooth idea. Mostly for myself though, not the guests (haha) so if we can make it work with our budget that is what we'll be doing :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Let me know if you find a good deal...i feel like wine stoppers can get pretty pricey...i'm haveing like 250 people so I don't want a huge favor bill!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a photobooth as the favor.  It will be enjoyed more, and it will be less work for us. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    we are doing mini wedding cakes

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

i love the idea of doing grandmas cookies, so adorable and so much meaning. I also love the mini wedding cakes, will you have someone make those?? I want to do a favour but can't think of anything meaningful so i may do a donation to a local charity.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards