March 2011 Weddings

Vent!

So I need to get my highlight roots done. (bad enough I don't understand how they charge the same price as if they are doing it all over again) So I make an appt for this Sat and the woman asked me if I wanted a blow-out. I was like um I can just have them blow dry it, it doesn't need to be perfect. Well she said that's what that is. They charge a separate price for it. So not only do the places around me charge $175 for highlights, but the blowdry is $35 extra! How can someone leave a salon without knowing what their hair looks like after its done?
Part of That World Blog
my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Vent!

• Yeah, thats weird. Can't they just stick you under a dryer or something, or let you dry your own hair?? Thats weak!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• They said I can dry my own hair but I'm sorry when you go to a hair salon its nice to look like you were there and have them dry it nice. I cant dry my insane curly hair straight like they do. What a jip! It makes me want to go back to the Bronx to where they charged more than half of that (under $100) and did everything for that price.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • That's always been frustrating to me. So, my option is to pay a lot more, or to leave with sopping wet hair??  So lame.
  • yea Jenny I don't get it! Yea ok Im gonna leave the salon looking like a wet dog! lol

I can go but I haven't gone there in a while and when I use to go I was engaged to my ex and then going back would mean I have to tell them all what happened or at least the gist and then say oh and I am now engaged to my soul mate! lol plus parking there is a biotch and its annoying to drive down there.
    Part of That World Blog
  • My hair is so thin it dries before they finish cutting it. lol However, I usually just do it myself since I refuse to pay extra for a blow dryer that i have at my own house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's ridiculous they make you pay extra for blow drying!!! I just got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago and they always dry it for free, and this lady even straightened it for me because i have naturally curly hair and when you blow dry it it's CRAZY!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The salon where I work actually does this.  Everything is a la carte.  Usually when people get color but not a blow dry, they're dry the bang area to see the color, but yeah, if you want it styled, you pay for it.  I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it is what it is. 

Also, I know we charge the same for highlight touchups because weaving the color in the right spots takes the same amount of time whether you're doing just the root or the whole thing.  We charge significantly less for solid color root touch up because it's just not as labor intensive.

The way I see it, is that if it's "included," then you're actually just paying for it even if you don't want it.  I like the idea of having the option, like If the blow dry being separate meant that you could knock $25 off your color price, I'd like to be able to choose.  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • I know Betty but every salon near me does this. There is no option to even go somewhere that includes it. My problem is my highlights usually end up around $200 at these places and then the blow drying is usually around $35 sometimes more cuz hey if you want it flat straight thats more. And this is why I hate people who say they wish they had curly hair or my amount of hair. its like ok take my hair bills with it please!
    Part of That World Blog
  • I also think places like this shouldn't expect tips. It's ridiculous. I hate living in the county closest to Manhattan cuz it's as if they think everyone who lives here can afford Manhattan prices.
    Part of That World Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards