Ohio-Cincinnati

NWR bikini waxes

So a few weeks ago I had my first bikini because I was tired of getting red ingrown hair type bumbs. The lady said I wouldn't have to worry about that at all except after two weeks the hair started growing back in and I had red bumps like crazy.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should get waxxed again (maybe that only happened because it was my first time?) or if I should stick with shaving and try to get a good no ingrown hair lotion.  I was hoping I could find some ladies on here who have experience with this....

Re: NWR bikini waxes

• edited December 2011
    Where did you go?  I would highly recommend Leah at Salong LA for future appointments if you didn't go there the first time.

As for the ingrowns, you still need to exfoliate the area (GENTLY) just like you do with any waxed area.  You can also use a product called TendSkin which will help exfoliate for you and prevent the ingrowns.

Also, it generally takes anywhere from 3 months to a year for your hair to settle into predictable growth patterns with waxing so that you remain hair-free for the longest about of time.  You have to decide whether or not it's worth it to continue with this to eventually end up with smooth skin for weeks at a time.  For someone, it is, for other's it isn't.
  • abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just thought I'd add my two cents - I used to do bikini waxes (there is a great lady named Christy at the Macy's salon in Tri-County), but it just became too expensive.  And though it cut down on my razor burn-type bumps, I definitely still got them.  So I decided to try Veet, that bladeless gel stuff.  It really works!  Because there's no razor, I get absolutely NONE of those bumps any more, and it gets way smoother than shaving too.  I wouldn't say it's as good as a wax for smoothness, but it comes pretty darn close.  Anyway, I know you might want to go for the wax for the big wedding day, but maybe try Veet in the future and see how it works.
  • edited December 2011
    Hm, I never considered using Veet, thanks!
    And thanks HR, i bought some TendSkin to use for my next waxing. I've decided to give it a few more goes to see if it gets better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards