• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

Dress fitting... Eeee! :)

Sooo I had my first dress fitting today! I thought I would have to get the bodice taken in a little, the straps shortened, and a bustle. As it turns out, my dress fits so much better than the store sample. I only have to get a bustle! :) Do you think $50 is a good deal?

Also, I don't think I've shown anyone my dress yet. When I got it in May, it was a "style preview" at David's so it wasn't on the website until a couple months ago.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Cap-Sleeve-Organza-A-Line-Gown-WG3007_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns 

I'll probably have one of my BM come to the next fitting to figure out the bustle and take some pics. :)

Re: Dress fitting... Eeee! :)

• That is one of the dresses I almost got! he he
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awww you look pretty in it! It was so hard to decide! I just looked at your dress and it's gorgeous!
  • Thank you! it was probably one of the hardest decisions ever. I am very indecisive as it is. I had like 5 dresses I loved but the one I got was just me. My dress hasnt come in it so I have no idea what alterations will be. The sample fit me perfectly...legit perfectly. nothing to take it and the train is detachable so I dont need a bustle. I am hoping I dont need anything done to mine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Dress fitting... Eeee! :):
    Ooooh that is soooo pretty!  I love!   $50 is definitely a good deal.  I am expecting to pay around $200 for my alterations, so if it were only $50 I'd be ecstatic!!  I've heard of some women paying $600+ for alterations!!  Crazy!  My dress didn't even cost that much!
    Posted by kari_lynn222
    Okay, good. I was a little worried beforehand about what it might be. My mom would have altered it, but she is in OH! :( Anyway, she worked at a bridal shop when I was a little girl and she said back then a bustle was about $5 per hook (like 20 years ago). I think mine has 3 hooks. So relieved that I don't have to get more work done... I budgeted $150 for them!
  • I think $50 is a great price! My bustle is costing me $100, but I have a ton of dress so bustle up!

Very pretty dress, loving the lace.
  • SO pretty!!  I would say $50 is good!
    Thank you! it was probably one of the hardest decisions ever. I am very indecisive as it is. I had like 5 dresses I loved but the one I got was just me. My dress hasnt come in it so I have no idea what alterations will be. The sample fit me perfectly...legit perfectly. nothing to take it and the train is detachable so I dont need a bustle. I am hoping I dont need anything done to mine.
    Posted by Ishaba11
    Me, too!! lol  That's so cool that the train is detachable!
  • $50 is a great deal!! My best friend is a designer and does seamstress work on the side.. she normally charges $25 per loop.. so if the bustle has 8 loops or hook/eyes whatever they decide to use it would be like $200

P.s. great dress ;)
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Oooh! Its pretty! I think my bustle is costing $75 and its only a 3 loop bustle, so $50 is a good deal!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• $50 is a great deal for a bustle.  I have my first fitting next Thusrday at David's Bridal and I have to have my sleeves altered and my dress shortened and they told me over the phone that it would be almost $200.  YIKES!!!!!  So not ready for this expense but it's something that needs to be done.

You look very pretty in your dress and the dress is gorgeous.
  • im confused because elegant expressions told me i don't come in for alterations on my dress until the week before the wedding. do i need to do it sooner? 
  • beautiful!  Depending on the complexity of the bustle, I'm not sure if $50 is a good deal.  My seamstress is charging me less than that, but I'm also doing a really simple one.  At any rate, if you're doing your alterations at David's, I've heard of them overcharging for alterations so I would shop around a little.  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • very pretty! Love the detail on the bottom
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Love the dress! Very pretty! And a very good deal on that bustle! 
    im confused because elegant expressions told me i don't come in for alterations on my dress until the week before the wedding. do i need to do it sooner? 
    Posted by ashleywalker2be2011
    I'm not really sure, but just to be on the safe side I am getting mine done now so that I'm not panicking about it being done (because I would haha). I was told she'll have it done in 2 weeks. However... when I was a BM in my pregnant friend's wedding, she needed the dress fixed 2 days before her wedding and this little bridal shop was able to let out the sides in one afternoon. I guess it just depends on the place you use.
  • Love the dress1 It's beautiful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards