Ohio-Cincinnati

Florist!!

I am in need of a florist, and of course I am on a tight budget.  Let me know if you have worked with a florist that you really liked and the price was decent.  Speaking of, what is a decent range for flowers??

Re: Florist!!

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Katie Elfers and she was great. She is very busy right now, but unless you are in a huge rush its worth the wait.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I will look her up!
  • edited December 2011
    Our you wanting real  or fake? I am doing mine in both! For fake i recomend Personally Yours - Joyce Jackson -513-746-3395
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Katie Elfers! She will work within your budget and reccommend cheaper flowers that get the same look. She is super flexible and your flowers will look GORGEOUS!
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Tia Smith, Flowers by Tia. She was one of my favorite vendors and the flowers she did were gorgeous!  She was the most reasonably priced florist i checked out too.  Her # is 505-2429.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Fassler Florist and they did a great job. They actually ended up being cheaper than Katie Elfers (Not knocking Katie). We were really pleased with everything they did & we had a ton of flowers.
  • ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Fassler Florist. Their mock-ups and everything looks great. The price for the amount of flowers is wonderful. I can't wait to see how it all looks.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Katie Elfers, Katie Elfers, Katie Elfers.

Like a pp said, she's super busy right now catering to brides, but she's well worth the wait.  Everything she does is absolutely gorgeous:

www.katieelfers.com

• HSchallHSchall member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on all of the rave reviews and the online pictures of her work I decided to go with Katie Elfers.  In my view, what she does with flowers is truly a work of art.  I tend to be pretty obsessive and picky about flowers but I felt so comfortable with her after a phone call I booked her without even getting a quote.  Because flowers are so variable, I think it is important to trust the person you are working with and have faith in their vision. As far as cost goes--it really depends on the number of attendants and guests (which has a bearing on the number of centerpieces).  I am planning to spend aroudn $2000 but I have no attendants and a small number of guests--however I want a ton of flowers and other decorations so for my wedding size I think this is on the high end.  I would say $2000 is about average for larger weddings with attendants but you can definately have fantistic flowers for a lot less.
  • edited December 2011
    Petals and Glass on West 8th Street.  She is amazing and does a lot for very reasonable.  I'm using her in Sept and thus far 8 of my friends have used her as well.  If you are interested call ASAP because she books up VERY fast!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Petals and Glass. Julie is great she gives you fake bouquets so you can take them to your dress fittings for you and your girls. She works with your budget and you can rent everything. She does no advertising she is busy b/c she is good and word of mouth.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Abbey Florist. I met with something like 8 or 9 florists before I felt comfortable signing a contract with anyone. Karen at Abbey Florist put together a sample centerpiece for me because centerpieces were extremely important to me and I wanted to know exactly what I would be getting. She offered to do that and didn't even charge me for it and without requiring a contract signed in advance. I felt like her quote was the best of all the quotes I got and she provides free delivery.

I don't have a final review since I haven't had my wedding yet and I haven't heard any other reviews about her on this board. But my experience so far has been great.
  • jetadore312jetadore312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi!
    I just tackled the florist while I was home this week in Cincinnati. I'm going with the same florist who did my sister's wedding a few years ago.  It's called Blossoms (Carol is the owner). She did a mock up the day I walked in and everything she came up with was incredible. Her prices are also unbeatable! Let me know if you want her number!
  • melis.1023melis.1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love the contact information for Blossoms if you don't mind.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the help!  After 6 interviews and quotes, we are going with Jones the Florist!  Summer is the contact there- they had not only the right price point on everything we needed, but also had a 10% overall discount for our reception venue.  They had live arrangements for me to view at their location, as well as, books on every color of flower and types of flowers that come in that color- I had a color in my mind and that I wanted to do seasonal and these books helped locate the flowers to use. I wasn't into looking at tons of photos from other weddings.  We have 12 bridemaids, 12 groomsmen, 1 junior, 2 floewr girls, and one ring bearer, so we needed a good price on everything!:)  Plus, I got the quote the same day.  All ofthe others took 2 weeks or so.  In ends up that my in-laws also used them back in the 70s!  I thought that was kind of ironic.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards