• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

Address labels?

I know most people say that it's tacky to use labels or whatever on invite envelopes, but what about the RSVP envelopes? 

I have all my invites sitting here, but I can't address them myself (my handwriting is seriously AWFUL),  and I really don't have the money anywhere to hire a caligrapher.  I think I will have to wait until FI gets home to address the outside envelopes, but can I use our address lables for the RSVP envelopes?  Would it be really tacky to?

FI isn't home for another week and a half, and I was hoping to be able to get these out sooner than that.  Invites have been such a pain all around. Sigh.

Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

Re: Address labels?

• I don't necessarily think it's tacky, but could you print them instead?  That would be a better option without having to handwrite them!

• I don't think it's considered tacky to have the RSVP envelope with a label on it.  I think it looks much nicer that way actually.
    BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
    It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
    one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
    Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I couldn't afford a calligrapher and I did not want to trust my handwriting because my handwriting got sloppy near the end when I sent out STD's so I set up my printer, found a font I liked and printed them, centered on the front of the enveope. On the back of the envelope I stamped my parent's address. You could do that for your RSVP cards. It's fast and easy. It was like $20 for the stamp at Office Max but well worth it. It saved my hand!
  • I've thought about printing them for the main envelopes too...  but I honestly don't have the slightest idea even where to start as far as finding a decent font and setting up the printer for it. 

Most software and I don't tend to get along well.  LOL!

The labels that we got with our invites match our colors and everything, which is more why I was thinking about those for the rsvp.

I guess I need to count how many envelopes I actually have and see how much I can mess around with the printer without shorting myself.
    Photobucket

• I can try to walk you through printing them.
    I just used word and found the font that matched my invites

• That's what I did too. I messed around wit word a bit. But I was using my parents printer since it's newer and it really helped. It was set up for envelopes as well as paper.
  • I am having mine printed with a nice font...

Here is my outside envelope. (ignore the address, it is the sample she gave me... im not even sure it is a real address.)

• Nice B2B!    I wish I knew how to get graphics and stuff involved, but I'll be happy if I can just get an address on there.  LOL

I'm messing around with word a bit...  I found a font I think might work and got it installed, I did a count, and I do have at least 5 or so envelopes I can mess around with and still be safe enough, so we'll see what I can figure out here.

We do have an awesome printer, it does photos and everything perfectly.  I just need to really figure out how to use it better.  It might take me until FI gets home anyway. Ha!
    Photobucket

• Thanks. I had them done from etsy, I would never be able to do anything like this myself.
  • Yeah, I'm already frustrated.  LOL

I can't get it to center the address...  and the font is too small.  If I try to make it bigger, it won't move the whole address up, it just cuts it off...  and the printer is kinda crinkling the edges of the envelope.   Bleh!

It prints really nice, in the right color and I love the font.  I just can't figure out how to change the formatting for it to come out right. 
    Photobucket

• I hand wrote guest names on the invitations & I did use labels on the RSVP with my address on it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards