• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Wearing rings on Vacation

I got to thinking over the weekend about this. We haven't been on a big vacation since the wedding and I had no problems taking/wearing my rings on our honeymoon, skiing and even camping but for some reason I'm thinking about not taking/wearing them on our upcoming trip. I know I won't want to wear them on the beach/swimming but then I'll have to leave them in the hotel.

What have you girls done? Did it depend where you went? what you were doing?

Re: Wearing rings on Vacation

• I never take my rings off (until I will have to in a little while).  My rings have been through a lot and still look amazing.  My band and e-ring are also fused together. 

I always take my rings with me, even on vacation.  Even if I was to leave them at home I would be worried about them there. 
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • edited March 2012
    I wore my rings on my honeymoon in the water and everything, but my rings fit snug on my hand, like I have to wiggle them off. H lost his wedding band on our honeymoon in the water because his ring was loose and he put sunscreen on which made it slip off. We tried to look for it in the water, but it is gone forever somewhere in St Lucia. Luckily we didn't pay a lot for this ring.

We talked about whether or not I want to bring my engagement ring to Greece. It's a relatively safe country and I don't think it would get stolen, but I am a little nervous about bringing it too.

I forget, where are you going (is it Hawaii?)?

ETA: Duh your sig says Honolulu- Hawaii is pretty safe. I went to Maui though and did not have rings at the time, but I think my mom wore hers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Wearing rings on Vacation:
    [QUOTE]I never take my rings off (until I will have to in a little while).  My rings have been through a lot and still look amazing.  My band and e-ring are also fused together.  I always take my rings with me, even on vacation.  Even if I was to leave them at home I would be worried about them there. 
    Posted by lzmac11[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is my reason for bringing mine with me too, I am worried that our house would get broken into and it would get stolen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I keep my ring on mostly at all times. Vacations I don't seem to beat my hands up too much but we went to St Lucia's Volcano and we were advised to not bring our rings because we could lose them in the mud baths. The last time I took my ring off was this weekend when we were at the glass making studio, they had us remove our rings because we were working around extremely hot area's and with dangerous materials.
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited March 2012

I got a free tungsten band with my wedding band.  Mine is techinally a men's band, but I wanted a wider, squared off, plain band to coordinate with my e-ring, so there you go.  I have left the e-ring and gold band at home for a few events and opted for just the tunsten one.  At least my finger doesn't feel naked!  I do not wear any of my rings (wedding or other) for sailing or when I am in / near the water.  Too paranoid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • In Mexico I didn't were my engagement ring. It's not safe to have nice stuff there. I will wear mine in Hawaii though. I would much rather have it with me then left at home.
    Anniversary
  • I wore mine in Hawaii. The only time I took it off was when we went snorkeling and the lady recommended it (they had lockers that were In a secure place). I will be wearing them on our upcoming trip to Washington DC.
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • If we're staying someplace with an in-room safe, I bring my rings and they stay in the safe most of the time. If there's no safe then I just leave them at home... my hands swell a bit in the heat when I'm walking around a lot and it's enough that it makes wearing the rings painful.
    Anniversary
  • I didn't take mine on our honeymoon - we spent 90% of the time in the water, and I wasn't going to wear them in 60-70 ft of water.  I didn't feel safe leaving them in the hotel room either, so they stayed at home.  

I hardly wear mine at all though.  With working in a kitchen, and the skin issues I have on my hands, I have to actually remember to put them on.  And that doesn't happen as often as it should...  
  • Thanks everyone. I guess I'll wear/take them with me and then lock them up if we need to for snorkelling, swimming etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards