• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Happy Friday!

Morning!  It is snowing here today :) Z is home from being completely burnt out.  I am hoping today goes by quickly.  Got a few things on my plate today at the office but not too much. 

What is everyone up to this weekend?
image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation

Re: Happy Friday!

• good morning!
    so happy it is friday. this weekend i am going to meet my mom in ohio for a little shopping/hanging out time. i am very much looking forward to it. i'm in the market for a new suit for my job interview coming up, and outlets are awesome for good deals, so that should be good. liam is off to his brother's bachelor party in chicago, so he'll be away too.
    yesterday we got the proof back for our album from our photog. i'm kind of disappointed with how it turned out, i think i will be asking her to change a lot of stuff. i wish i could just put it together myself but that's not how this program works. she did a lot of collage-style stuff, where the pictures overlap, and i think that looks messy in a professional book. but she did say we are free to make changes, and i am going to be changing quite a lot.
    i only have to work for a few hours today, which is nice. i'm going to enjoy a little me time since i have the house to myself. :)
    Anniversary image<br
  • I was wondering where the morning thread was. No ones here today. I just got to work. Robert is off today so it made it extra hard to come in. We are having a couple friends come over tonight. I have to get up early tomorrow because I am getting my windows tinted. I am beyond excited! I hate the fact that people can see me from all angles while driving. While that is getting doen, my mom and I are going to breakfast and getting pedis! Then Robert and I are going to the Sharks game and visiting friends who live in San Jose.

Sunday will be relaxing, housework, homework day since nothing will get done on Saturday.
    Anniversary
  • Ugh Linds snow is the last thing I want right now.
    It is going to be 80 degrees here today which makes me happy.

Not much is planned for today, Philip is off and he is in gardening and grass seed planting mode. We will probably just watch some basketball games tonight. Philip is 1st in 3 brackets so we are crossing our fingers he stays there to get some winnings!
    This weekend both of us are going to our friends' Bachelor/ette parties on Saturday. Sunday I'm hoping to go see the Hunger Games.

Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Raining here and about 60.

Cleaning got done last night, so we are ready for Mom, Dad and Willie to arrive!

We will be grilling out on Saturday and having J's folks over for dinner.

Otherwise, some shopping is in order - taking my folks to Costco for the first time (they don't have one where they live).  And my mom is trying to find something to wear for a cousin's wedding - needs to be pretty dressy and warm-weather friendly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Ash - yes it is snowing.  We aren't getting a huge dump of snow though. 

K - I am excited that you get to see Willie.  I can't wait to see pictures.  :)

Lisa - Have fun with your mom.

Serena - Have fun at the Sharks game. 

This weekend will be the start of the familypalooza.  MIL's birthday is the 25th, so we are taking her out for supper for it on the 24th (Sat).  My step-dads brother Tony is in town starting today so we are having a family supper with him, and my step-dads side of the family on the 25th. 

Z has plans with a buddy on Sat during the day.  I am going to see if I can start purging things from my office and start to move certain things to the basement.

Sunday we plan on clenaing the area beside the new shelves and the computer area.  And hoping that we can move his computer over to the built-in desk and move mine downstairs.  But we will see how much actually gets done. 
  • Hola chicas. 

Lisa, I'm glad your photographer finally got back to you but that sucks you're not happy with the album.  Definitely make all the changes you want and don't feel bad about it - that woman owes you. 

Yay Willie!!!

Should be a pretty quiet weekend for us.  D's doing a long bike ride after work today so I'll be solo for a bit this evening and he'll crash early I'm sure.  Tomorrow I'm going to go hang out with my sister (the one from out of town with the loser boyfriend) and nieces (the other (crazy) sisters daughters).  Sunday will be chores and errands and hopefully turkey burgers. 

• Good morning girls. I'm so happy that it is sunny out today! Tonight I'm heading to the gym and then chilling at home (A is at work).
    This weekend we are going to clean up our place - purge and re-orginize the space as well as get ready for our trip.
    Sunday night we might head up for a ski as there is an informal end of season staff party at the lodge.
  • Add my husband to the list of guys at home while we're at work! Their work got rained out today. I'm at work. There's a huge group of middle school band kids here having a "district band meeting" or something. Basically 300 middle school kids hauling around instruments. I've already spotted some super awkward ones ; Work ends at 6:30 and we're going with friends to see The Hunger Games at 8:40. If I have to deal with squealing teenyboppers the entire time I'll have to punch something. Tomorrow is a barn raising yeah we do that sort of stuff around these parts so that should be fun :
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • i'm sorry, mel, you are going to a barn raising? for reals? i didn't know those still happened! i'm sure it would be pretty cool to see.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Band geeks are awesome.  So glad I was one (...and this one time, at band camp....)
  • In Response to Re: Happy Friday!:
    [QUOTE]Band geeks are awesome.  So glad I was one (...and this one time, at band camp....)
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • I was also a band geek and played the flute so I got a lot of "this one time at band camp" things...

Mel- when I think of Barn raising I think of the Amish raising up a frame. It must be the Pennsylvania Dutch in me or something.
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • K - what did you play in band?

I was percussion.  Mainly drums.  I played the clarinet for a while in elementary school but it was short lived. 

I have tons of stories.  Band and Choir stories. 
  • Yep. Barn raising. Kinda like the Amish, but it's not like the whole town is coming out ; Just friends of this family. But it will probably be rather traditional in regards to the "men folk" being outside and working while the ladies put lunch together ; I probably won't be given a hammer...but that's only because I may do more harm than good!
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to Re:Happy Friday!:
    [QUOTE]Yep. Barn raising. Kinda like the Amish, but it's not like the whole town is coming out ; Just friends of this family. But it will probably be rather traditional in regards to the "men folk" being outside and working while the ladies put lunch together ; I probably won't be getting hammered...but that's only because I may do more harm than good!
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]

FTFY.  :)
  • In Response to Re:Happy Friday!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Happy Friday! : FTFY.  :)
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

You caught Mel's mistake.  But what does FTFY stand for?
  • Fixed that for you.
  • Now do I call that a blonde moment or pregnancy brain?
  • In Response to Re: Happy Friday!:
    [QUOTE]K - what did you play in band? I was percussion.  Mainly drums.  I played the clarinet for a while in elementary school but it was short lived.  I have tons of stories.  Band and Choir stories. 
    Posted by lzmac11[/QUOTE]

Flute and piccolo.  Mostly piccolo.  And like Ash, I heard all the American Pie references because of that...
  • Oh yeah. Totally hammered. You know me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards