• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Unpopular opinions Friday edition

If you are on food stamps, you should not have a iPhone, or several dogs who you can't afford to spay/neuter and who you let run around and get pregnant!. The government is not responsible for your debts if you took out student loans, pay them back. You didn't need to go to that big fancy expensive school. Not everyone should have a house. If you only make 9 an hour, why would you even think of taking on a mortgage??

Re: Unpopular opinions Friday edition

• I know breastfeeding is a natural thing, but I don't think doing it in public is appropriate. 
  • agree, colleen.
    i hate gladiator sandals. i don't get why they are trendy.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Summer sucks. I dread it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just because clothing is made in your size (or the size that you think fits), does not mean you should wear it.  And plunging necklines are not appropriate for most people on most occasions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Most women should not wear shorts of any kind unless engaged in an athletic activity. They are just not flattering.
  • In Response to Re:Unpopular opinions Friday edition:
    [QUOTE]Most women should not wear shorts of any kind unless engaged in an athletic activity. They are just not flattering.
    Posted by seprincipe[/QUOTE]

Even the walking/bermuda (almost to the knee) shorts?  I think those can look great.
  • I agree with most of thse UO.

I don't get Kardashian family madness!

I know there are more, but I seem to be having a major brain fart.

Anniversary
  • I don't think people need to have more than 8 children- unless they are like Jon and Kate and couldn't help it.

I think welfare should be limited so then people cannot take advantage of the system. Sorry if you can't afford the 3 children you already have you shouldn't be having more.

I believe a universal health care system is needed and health insurance companies should be private so it is competitive and it keeps coverage costs down.

I dislike all reality TV except for Big Brother... It's just funny
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to Re:Unpopular opinions Friday edition:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Unpopular opinions Friday edition:Most women should not wear shorts of any kind unless engaged in an athletic activity. They are just not flattering.Posted by seprincipeEven the walking/bermuda almost to the knee shorts?nbsp; I think those can look great. Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I think they make knees looks ridiculous. I am so not a fan of knees and I think the shorts emphasis them
  • I agree with so much that is above!

I have to agree with Lisa & Colleen most on this.  

Gladiator sandals are just wrong.  There is nothing there... how do you not feel rocks?

Breastfeeding in public? Really? People are strange.  I am sorry, it is one thing I would never be able to do.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • Aww... Linds' baby is the size of an avocado :)
    Anniversary
  • I think chocolate and mint together in any combination is disgusting. 

And I agree with all of Sarah's unpopular opinions. Except the shorts thing. ;)

Although I do agree about knees - I think most knees are weird looking. I really don't like my knees. But sometimes the 100 degree weather with 100% humidity wins out over my dislike of my knees. 
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • You two are the first people I've ever heard from that has a dislike for knees.  You're weird.  :)  What about skirts (above the knee obviously)?  Equally offensive?

I can't trust a guy who wears a necklace - especially a yellow gold one. 
  • I will wear skirts at my knee, but not above it. I feel like the transition from my knee to my thigh is weird and not attractive. 

But unlike Sarah, I don't think that way about everyone's knees. Just my own. Lots of people have perfectly normal knees and look fine in short shorts and skirts. 
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I agree with all of Sarah's except for the shorts thing. I definitely see people who I don't think should be wearing shorts, but I guess since it gets so hot here that I understand.

I don't think that a hybrid public and private healthcare system will work - mostly because that's basically what we have now, and I think we can all agree that it doesn't work.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Guys with necklaces are sooo creepy!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think guys who gel their hair to the point that it has that wet look is unattractive.

I think overly muscular guys look gross. There are some at my gym and it just doesn't look normal.

Agree with the necklace thing too.

I think it's annoying when mom's complain about how hard it is to be a SAHM but they are on facebook all day long. Like posting stuff constantly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions Friday edition:
    [QUOTE]Guys with necklaces are sooo creepy!!
    Posted by corkietn[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Especially the gold chains. A henna necklace - sure. But a gold chain? Ugh. 
    [QUOTE]I think guys who gel their hair to the point that it has that wet look is unattractive. I think overly muscular guys look gross. There are some at my gym and it just doesn't look normal. Agree with the necklace thing too. I think it's annoying when mom's complain about how hard it is to be a SAHM but they are on facebook all day long. Like posting stuff constantly.
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes! Oh and the opposite annoys me too. Like when they say "I don't know what the big deal is- my baby sleeps through the night already." It's just kind of cocky and braggy and if I had a baby that didn't sleep and I read that I would want to throat punch that person.

TMI on facebook is an annoyance altogether. One girl I know once put on her status (I'm paraphrasing and using correct grammar): "Finally went to the doctor today about my stomach problem, they said I have IBS and have to take meds every day. Oh it hurts soooooo much!" 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE] I can't trust a guy who wears a necklace - especially a yellow gold one. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, it's so not cool! Same thing with pinky rings, yuck!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Court- One girl I know complained about her cold sore and the fact that it wouldn't go away. Ummmm.....TMI.

And your right, for me I think it's just oversharing on FB in general that annoys me. One girl I know just had a baby, and I know how hard that is, but she puts on her fb status things like: "Pump pump pump, it's all I'm ever doing is pumping my boobs!" at 3am.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE]Court- One girl I know complained about her cold sore and the fact that it wouldn't go away. Ummmm.....TMI. And your right, for me I think it's just oversharing on FB in general that annoys me. One girl I know just had a baby, and I know how hard that is, but she puts on her fb status things like: "Pump pump pump, it's all I'm ever doing is pumping my boobs!" at 3am.
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]
    We just don't need to know things like this. No one needs to know this. 
  • People who complain about EVERYTHING and can find no joy in their lives. People who don't appreciate what they have and always want more. Spilling soy sauce on my white shirt.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    2500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    You're doing it wrong Tuck!!!  :)

ETA: But it's great to see you here! 
  • I love these!  I seem to have a lot of FB friends that recently had babies and all they do is post about the baby's poop.  I'm sure that's important and all, but it's gross when put on blast like that.  AND just because you have to clean it up, doesn't make you super-mom.  I scoop my cat's litter box every-other day.  Whoop-dee-doo.

funny_zpsd60c785f

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

"...And he just came out of my imaginary birthday cake." -its apelila

• Note to self, no fb sharing about the baby and its grossness.  ;)
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
    [QUOTE]I know breastfeeding is a natural thing, but I don't think doing it in public is appropriate. Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I must share! So my gf and I went to Islands for lunch (it's convenient since it's across the street from work). Anywho, the first thing we see as we walk in the door is a lady sitting in the waiting area & breastfeeding her baby. I totally understand that it's natural and healthy for baby... but in the waiting area of a restaurant??? She didn't even have a breastfeeding apron, luckily I didn't stare long enough to see her boob! I think if I was EBF, I would pump and place the milk in a bottle for when I'm out and about. Oi vey!
    Anniversary
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular opinions Friday edition : I must share! So my gf and I went to Islands for lunch (it's convenient since it's across the street from work). Anywho, the first thing we see as we walk in the door is a lady sitting in the waiting area & breastfeeding her baby. I totally understand that it's natural and healthy for baby... but in the waiting area of a restaurant??? She didn't even have a breastfeeding apron, luckily I didn't stare long enough to see her boob! I think if I was EBF, I would pump and place the milk in a bottle for when I'm out and about. Oi vey!
    Posted by chrissyann02[/QUOTE]
    I guess I can understand if the lady is not pushing sanitary issues, and is covered, but RESTAURANT and NO BLANKIE??  Yikes!

funny_zpsd60c785f

• Lindsay, you're an avocado!! :D

funny_zpsd60c785f

• Chrissy, it's situations like those that I don't like. 

Of course I'm insanely uptight when it comes to bodily functions, so there's that... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards