Ohio-Cincinnati

Hilton Netherland Plaza Brides...I have a few?? :-)

I am planning on getting married there next November and I have questions for some other brides who were married there and had their reception there also. 

So our plan is to have the ceremony at 6:30pm, then have a cocktail hour so that we can go out and take night pictures with the bridal party from 6:45-7:45. Then be introduced back in at 8 or 815pm.  Is that realistic??  Do guests hate a cocktail hour if the ceremony and reception are all in the same place?

Also did you ever have guests at the hotel comming in to your wedding? We have heard that can happen with hotel weddings.

Thanks bunches!

Re: Hilton Netherland Plaza Brides...I have a few?? :-)

• edited December 2011
    We had ours there last March.  We did a cocktail hour because we had our ceremony and reception both in the Hall of Mirrors so they had to flip the room.  I don't think any guests minded.  As long as you have decent apps and open bar I'm sure no one will care.  In addition to our wedding, I have been to several other wedding there and all of them had a cocktail hour.  Honestly, I think because it is a nicer venue guests expect that there will be a cocktail hour.

I don't think we had any problems with hotel guests crashing.  I didn't see anybody that wasn't invited.  The Hilton does a great job making sure that everything goes as planned.  I saw our coordinator and the captain around all night, so I'm sure they would have taken care of it if anything like that would have happened.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I remember a video that involved a flip...
    http://www.vimeo.com/10255996

The Hilton is a great place.  They have had plenty of experience with keeping events separate.  Plus, being November, you get fewer tourists and vendors willing to discount sometimes.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Whooho! We're getting married there next year. I love the Netherland Plaza. We're having a cocktail hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards