• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Friday- Lotto Draw Tonight!

I am for the first time in my life going to buy my own lottery ticket tonight. I know there is a 1 in 175 million chance of winning but if you don't try you will never have a chance at all.

Gpa has taken a turn for the worse and has now stopped eating and the doctors have given him only a few more days to live without food. I think he has given up the fight but he has lived a great long life and I think he now just wants to go out on his own terms. It is sad for Philip since this is his last grandparent alive but he has had time to come to terms even though it will still be hard to lose him. :(

Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Friday- Lotto Draw Tonight!

• Our office did a small pool and purchased some tickets- it's so exciting!

Sorry to hear about grandpa :( Brad's gma passed away last week, so I can relate. Wishing peace on Phillip's family, it's a tough time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I will be buying tickets on the way home.

So sorry to hear about Phillipl's G-pa.  It is never easy to lose a loved one - I have been through it too many times.  Wishing you both peace and wonderful memories of the good times with him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Good luck with the lottery drawing tonight! Hugs to you and DH and Gpa. I'm sure it's rough to see him going through this but I respect that he wants to pass on of his own choice. T&P's!
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • We have a couple pools at work plus robert has a couple and he also bought some for us. I have never bought a lotto ticket and I have no idea how too. I know.. call me lame! I'm hoping and praying that we win. The money is needed right about now.

Ashley- I'm so sorry to hear about gpa. It's hard to lose a family member, but when they are ready to go they know it. Hugs to you and Philip.
    Anniversary
  • good morning! i don't think i'm going to buy a lotto ticket -- i am so unlucky! i hope someone who really needs it ends up winning. or that whoever does win can do something good with it.
    sorry about Phillip's grandpa. it's always sad, even when it is not a surprise. liam's great aunt died yesterday. she has had alzheimer's basically for liam's whole life, but he's still really sad about her death.
    we're in the middle of a really loud thunderstorm! and i'm having trouble getting any work done. is it possible to have a case of the fridays?
    Anniversary image<br
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Just got in a pool at work - over 60 people so far at $5 each.  Will be buying a $5 or $10 tonight for just me and J.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I am getting in a pool at work and we are buying a ticket ourselves.  

Haha so my co-workers and I were just discussing the odds and one of my co-workers found out the following:

-You have a a better chance of becoming a Saint than winning this lottery
    -You also have a better chance of becoming President.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Friday- Lotto Draw Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]I am getting in a pool at work and we are buying a ticket ourselves.   Haha so my co-workers and I were just discussing the odds and one of my co-workers found out the following: -You have a a better chance of becoming a Saint than winning this lottery -You also have a better chance of becoming President.
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]

Your co-worker is a dream crusher!!!!! hahaha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ash- Sorry about your H's grandpa. T&P's to you guys.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lzmac11lzmac11 member
    1000 Comments
    edited March 2012

Morning.

I wish those that are doing the lotto luck.  We don't play here.  

I am at home today because of my very sore back.  I have found maybe 2 positions that are less painful.  I am working from home, or at least doing some.  I am still waiting on the courier to bring some stuff over from the office (yay!).  So I will still be on today.  

Ash - Sorry to hear about DH's g-pa

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • edited March 2012
    The hubs usually buys lottery tickets, I don't care for the lottery or gambling much. I think I would rather buy tickets for a smaller jackpot because your odds of winning would be so much better.

Ash- I'm sorry to hear about P's grandpa, sending T&P's your way.
    Court- I didn't know B's grandma passed away last week, sending T&P's your way
    Lisa- Sorry to hear about L's great aunt, sending T&P's your way!
    Anniversary
  • Haha Serena I've never bought a lotto ticket either and I had to ask my co-workers what do and say when I go up to the guy! :)

Court and Lisa- I'm so sorry about your recent losses!

So far at work we have bought 212 tickets. Half of the tickets have been from our winnings from Tues of $150.00. I think I'm just going to get 1 $5 ticket after work for us.

Thanks everyone for all the T&P's for Gpa. The man has been a survivor and it is almost comforting that he is going out on his own terms.
  • Ash & Lisa both, I'm so sorry.  Sending both you & your H's hugs today. 

I'll be picking up some Lotto tickets today and I made D promise to get some in Texas as well (sorry Thump & Ape) just to spread out our chances.  :) 

Today is 5 years since our first date and we celebrated by getting up before 4:00 this morning so I could take him to the airport.  Someone please text me around 2:00 to make sure I'm still awake.  :)
  • Never have I ever played the lottery. Like Serena - I don't even know how to play! My grandmother used to play all the time and "her numbers" were her grandkids birthdays. Apparently I'm very lucky! Maybe I should buy a ticket!?
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Mel, I heard on the radio that the most common way of choosing numbers is based on birthdays so 1-31 are the most often used numbers.  If you don't want to share the jackpot, you're better off picking some numbers above 31 too. 

Non-lotto related; one of my first tasks in my new job is to clean out my ex-fiance's office.  Had to laugh about that one. 
  • Wait, you work with your ex-fiance!? How did I miss that little tidbit...? Awkward, or no?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Used to Court.  He left last year (thus needing to clean out his office). 
  • MB- are you now in his office?
    Anniversary
  • No Chrissy.  I lost my office moving to this building so now I'm back in a cube.  I think I still would have picked the cube over his office had it been offered.  :)
  • Oh, so glad he's gone, Colleen.

Funny story that makes me laugh:

MIL has an old hospital bill she's been paying on faithfully, month after month for who knows how long. This month she received a notice that said "Past Due" on it.

This really pissed her off so she fumed for a minute and then wrote "kiss my ass" on the invoice. Then, she put it in the envelope to send in with her payment. It was at that moment that she realized the "kiss my ass" was in the address window on the envelope!! She said oh well and sent it on anyway...I can only imagine how many laughs it will get at the post office and at the billing dept once it gets delivered. hahaa, maybe you have to know my MIL. She's 4'11" and a total southern spitfire.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Boo for losing your office! What a nice task for your first day, not!
    Anniversary
  • Wow MB...awkward. 
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited March 2012
    Court- that is too funny! Love those opinionated and fistey southern ladies!

Colleen- Congrats on your 5 yr together anniversary with D! Sucks you lost your office but more work is always better!
  • MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Friday- Lotto Draw Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]Oh, so glad he's gone, Colleen. Funny story that makes me laugh: MIL has an old hospital bill she's been paying on faithfully, month after month for who knows how long. This month she received a notice that said "Past Due" on it. This really pissed her off so she fumed for a minute and then wrote "kiss my ass" on the invoice. Then, she put it in the envelope to send in with her payment. It was at that moment that she realized the "kiss my ass" was in the address window on the envelope!! She said oh well and sent it on anyway...I can only imagine how many laughs it will get at the post office and at the billing dept once it gets delivered. hahaa, maybe you have to know my MIL. She's 4'11" and a total southern spitfire.
    Posted by corkietn[/QUOTE]
    This makes me happy. :)
  • Court- your MIL sounds like a firecracker :)
    Anniversary
  • She's a total firecracker. I told her that at least they were told to kiss her ass in the most awesome cursive writing possible.

There's another story involving her driving downtown and getting out of her car to face a truck driver. hahaha!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to be just like your MIL when I grow up Court.  That's awesome!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the girl involved in our break up still works here...  Those were good times, let me tell ya.
  • ohhhh, the tension that must have been in the workplace! That's soooo awkward
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yikes MB. That's nuts. You poor thing. 
  • Meh Mel.  It sucked at the time but I am SO happy things worked out just as they did.  I'm happier with D on our worst days than I ever was with that guy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards