• Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

WFD

Anyone wanna play???

What are you having for dinner?
Anniversary

Re: WFD

• Not sure.  D is home sick so I'll call him in a little while to see if he feels like anything special. 
  • lzmac11lzmac11 member
    1000 Comments
    edited March 2012
    Poor D.  Hope he gets better.

We just talked about it actually.  Z took out ground meat this morning so we are going to have burgers!  I am going to pick up buns, cheese and chips on my way home. 
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • edited March 2012
    I hope D gets better. R is sick too but he had to work today.

we have steak marinating so I'll cook that and I found a quinoa salad that looks yummy.

Linds- I've been craving burgers. I'm thinking this weekend!
    Anniversary
  • I have some chicken that I need to use asap so I think I'm making baked parmesan chicken along with Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni & Cheese.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: WFD:
    [QUOTE]I hope D gets better. R is sick too but he had to work today. we have steak marinating so I'll cook that and I found a quinoa salad that looks yummy. Linds- I've been craving burgers. I'm thinking this weekend!
    Posted by skurtz04[/QUOTE]

It got to 39F/4C today so we are BBQing!  I am excited.  I love bbqing.  Eventually we will have a deck and it will never get put away so we will use it more in the winter.  :)
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • I think we may grill this weekend too. 

So I know Linds calls it BBQ'ing, but what does everyone else call it - grill or BBQ?
  • I call it BBQ, but now that I know that BBQ is something totally different I try to say grill instead.
    Anniversary
  • I call it BBQing
    Anniversary
  • Hmm, so maybe I'm the odd one (shush) - I call it grilling.
  • I call it grilling- BBQ is a genre of food down here. 

We had chicken sausage, onion, mushroom pasta with a salad. It's a skinnytaste recipe I posted earlier but I used mushrooms. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I made almond-crusted salmon with balsamic-pomegranate glaze, and roasted asparagus. Dessert is stout brownies, made with black chocolate stout.

I call it grilling. Sadly, our grill is out of gas... John needs to get on that now that the weather is getting nicer!
    Anniversary
  • Alex smoked some ribs all day.  so nice for him to do some cooking, and they were nice and tender!

i call it grilling too.  and i wish we could have a gas grill so i could grill more.  but alex forbids them.  says its not real outdoor cooking if its not charchol....oh, and its also the boys job.  so he won't take any advice from me.  
  • I call it grilling.

It was in the high 70's today (unheard of this time of year around here) so Dan grillled some chicken sausages.  I made roasted asparagus and pasta salad.
  • I call it grilling, but you go to a BBQ (like a party) even if there's no BBQ served. And then like Liz said, BBQ is its own food group down here. 

I'm a little late to this party, but we had bowtie pasta, grilled chicken, and this light asiago romana alfredo that I found. It was delicious! And all of it for only 9 points :) I'm turning into one of THOSE people....
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Hmm, I'm a special snowflake. I say "let's have a BBQ and grill something!" :)
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • Oh yeah, and I had a sandwich of honey roasted turkey with smoked gruyere cheese on wheat bread. Yummy!
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • I call it grilling. But I have been to BBQ parties with no actual BBQ, like Mel said.

Last night we had fish tacos with a red cabbage and jalapeno slaw to go on top of the tacos. Yum

Christine- those stout brownies sound amazing! Could you share the recipe? Philip would love those!

Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Brownie Clicky

I went ahead and added the whole bottle of beer instead of the cup the recipe calls for ;)
    Anniversary
  • i had the southwest skillet meal that i posted on the WW thread. yum. leftovers.
    Anniversary image<br
  • I had beer and Doritos for dinner. This toning up mission is going awesome!
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thanks so much Christine! These seem really easy to make and I like that they are made with black beans! Healthy too!

Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I so need a like button for Margot's post!
  • I'm on Team Grilling.

Last night we had leftover veggie soup and tuna salad sandwhiches.

Tonight, we're grilling ;) turkey burgers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Court- we're having turkey burgers for dinner too! I had 2 dinner twins this weekWink
    Anniversary
  • ooh, Chrissy I'd be interested in hearing your recipe...I'm trying a new one out because I wasn't a fan of the one before.

Turkey Burger Clicky  < here's the one I'm trying out today
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Those burgers look yummy! I might make them this week!
    Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
    Court- that recipe looks yummy & easy, please let me know how it turns out. The hubs is in charge of grilling them for dinner, and I doubt he'll do anything fancy with them. I'm in charge of the baked beans and making coleslaw tonight :)

I've seen this recipe, and it looks good- clicky
    Anniversary
  • I'll def let you guys know how they turn out. Chrissy, the recipe you linked looks delicious! I'll be trying that soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: WFD:
    [QUOTE]ooh, Chrissy I'd be interested in hearing your recipe...I'm trying a new one out because I wasn't a fan of the one before. Turkey Burger Clicky   < here's the one I'm trying out today
    Posted by corkietn[/QUOTE]

That looks delicious! I will have to try it. I'm making chili in the crockpot for tonight. Not too exciting, but it's one of DH's favorites.
    TTC since January 2011

February 2012: 1st RE Appt.

HSG, B/W, & SA: All normal

September 2012: Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked left tube, Damaged right tube.

Next step: IVF #1. Started BCP 1/16/13!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/rigcd3.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards