• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

You're kidding right Cathy?

You post it and close the discussion? 

Re: You're kidding right Cathy?

• That's what I was going to say.  Why would you close it?  That is a little childish.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Have I missed something? I read Cathy's post, but not sure what happened to make her feel unwelcome and want to give up her MOD privileges.
    Anniversary
  • Your attitute is totally out of line, Cathy. I don't understand why you would close the discussion?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:1307f090-9a55-4570-ae0e-9842d2ee4960">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : You are still stuck on that arent you?
    Posted by futurepivko[/QUOTE]

Because that post wasnt going to go ignored.  If no one could comment on the original post, a new thread would have to be created.  For what purpose?

And I'm sorry that you feel unwelcomed.  I've never got that impression or vibe, but I guess I'm just missing things too, since I'm not here all the time either.
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:51371348-2b1c-4956-975f-349637a0500e">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : Main reason I was going to give up MOD was because I felt like new year/new mod kind of thing. More of going to give someone else a chance. Also, I am SO SICK of hearing "ITS SLOW HERE ITS SLOW HERE!" so I try to start a discussion and it gets blown off, rude things are said. I'm trying to figure out what happened. And I really didn't want this ON THE KNOT for all to see as I don't think it's other's business to come in and see it.

I call BS.  You feel unwelcome because people have stopped tip-toeing around you in order to not cause one of your tantrums Cathy.  Heaven forbid someone should disagree with you or not share your opinion on someone (Martha Stewart, the time to start thinking of NY resolutions) because then they're obviously against you and you stomp your feet.  It is ridiculous to put that thread up, close it to discussion, when obviously you feel there is something to be discussed.  You thrive on drama and I think this is just another attempt at that for you. 

And FTR, I used to defend you Cathy.  It wasn't until you flipped out over the tiniest little thing that I gave up. 

I wish you the best, I truly do.  I also wish you a bit of humility and compassion because I think you need it. 
  • See TK is all messed up making this thread 4983248849320432 times more confusing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:4a3491d2-7cf6-400d-a7ad-e07d0960a7d0">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]See TK is all messed up making this thread 4983248849320432 times more confusing.

Yes we all know TK is messed up.  We all complain about it.  It doesn't matter.  It doesn't explain your actions.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:710acecb-71c0-4f07-9846-d4a0dc535336">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : I call BS on this part, if we are going to play this game. And if there was a problem, no one ever talked to me about it! And if people DID have a problem, why on earth is it any surprise that I wanna give up Mod?

Well I did Cathy.  And I also recall talking to you on the phone for at least an hour in May or so when you were upset about something and I never said a single word to anyone about that conversation.  And I did contact you back in October when you flipped out on me the first time but apparently I was too toxic for your life. 
  • I'm going to go ahead and call BS on the people saying the board is slow. Yes, people will joke about it but like everything else it waxes and wanes. I have to admit, I usually don't post on your threads because I've been struggling financially as a few other girls have been as well and I don't care to read about your fabulous clothes, the country clubs, your extravagant Christmas presents, etc. I feel it's quite insensitive. I'm happy that life treats you so well but some of us work really hard for what we have and we don't want to hear about your silver spoon
  • Wow...just wow...
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yeah because I didnt think it needed to be posted there. Thanks for starting a new thread :)
  • I actually don't think I've been the 'childish one'. I was saying that I wanted to give up my Mod rights and BOOM things flipped. I think people are mad that I probably pointed out that I don't feel welcome, and I wasn't going to say names, I actually thought my post was pretty nice.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:b4fe6aff-91b1-45d9-818b-6030c3547363">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have I missed something? I read Cathy's post, but not sure what happened to make her feel unwelcome and want to give up her MOD privileges.
    Posted by chrissyann02[/QUOTE]

Main reason I was going to give up MOD was because I felt like new year/new mod kind of thing. More of going to give someone else a chance.

Also, I am SO SICK of hearing "ITS SLOW HERE ITS SLOW HERE!" so I try to start a discussion and it gets blown off, rude things are said.

I'm trying to figure out what happened.

And I really didn't want this ON THE KNOT for all to see as I don't think it's other's business to come in and see it.
  • I'm pretty sure the first person to get "mad" was you, Cathy, when someone suggested posting your "resignation" on TK. I'm assuming that suggestion was made so everyone can see it (because not everyone has a FB but everyone is on TK). You obviously took that suggestion the wrong way and flipped out on Colleen.
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Ok so, over-reaction or whatever I guess I can't be the perfect Mod. I post a nice message on here, it gets blown up and insulted (fan club crap wtf) so I put it on the knot and I close it, as it's MY POST and I get beef about it. Really now?
  • How did I flip out on Colleen? I dont see it. If anything Colleen has had something against me for a while, and I've finally had it.

• Thank you for the update Cathy. I'm sorry you feel that way, and that you have been wronged. I hope I am not one of the culprits.
    Anniversary
  • I just don't see the purpose in closing the discussion. Why did you close it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:73719784-6664-430c-bbdb-9514ca59df1e">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the update Cathy. I'm sorry you feel that way, and that you have been wronged. I hope I am not one of the culprits.
    Posted by chrissyann02[/QUOTE]

You aren't.

I am so freaking SICK of seeing that "its slow Its slow omg" stuff so I try to make convo and people are rude back simply because it's not a convo they wanna talk in.

I forgot you weren't on fb Chrissy I'm sorry, I was actually trying to keep this off the board but I guess it had to come here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:e2877642-b92e-4491-82ee-df048bb3b360">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't see the purpose in closing the discussion. Why did you close it?
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]

You are still stuck on that arent you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:1307f090-9a55-4570-ae0e-9842d2ee4960">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : You are still stuck on that arent you?
    You're really avoiding answering the question, aren't you?

Good grief.
  • It gets slow here when people are away on lunch or at certain points in the day.  Boo hoo! People will get over it.  If not they can screw off.  We are all adults, we can laugh at ourselves when we do something stupid or forget something.  We can make fun of ourselves. 

If you make a thread that we don't want to talk about it isn't a poo at you.. it is simply something that the rest of us don't want to talk about.  Nothing against you.

We have the ability to post as well.  We can make threads like "WAKE UP PEOPLES" and such to get peoples attention so we can talk. 

We all have to understand that it is the workday and we all live in different time zones.  Breaks, lunches, and busy times happen at different times.  We aren't always going to have a busy board.

But really?  Why did you have to close the discussion.  Everyone who wants to talk about you wanting to quit being Mod is here.  It is like saying... "MINE" and taking it.  So yes, childish. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:29c3eedb-ec9a-4564-a315-c34b478da613">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : I call BS.  You feel unwelcome because people have stopped tip-toeing around you in order to not cause one of your tantrums Cathy.  Heaven forbid someone should disagree with you or not share your opinion on someone (Martha Stewart, the time to start thinking of NY resolutions) because then they're obviously against you and you stomp your feet.  It is ridiculous to put that thread up, close it to discussion, when obviously you feel there is something to be discussed.  You thrive on drama and I think this is just another attempt at that for you.  <strong>And FTR, I used to defend you Cathy.</strong>  It wasn't until you flipped out over the tiniest little thing that I gave up.  I wish you the best, I truly do.  I also wish you a bit of humility and compassion because I think you need it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I call BS on this part, if we are going to play this game.

And if there was a problem, no one ever talked to me about it!

And if people DID have a problem, why on earth is it any surprise that I wanna give up Mod?
  • I dont really think I was trying to be childish. I was just trying to say what I felt and that you know what? New year/new mod kind of thing. Don't call bull on that either, because I really was going to step down and let someone else have a turn so it didn't seem like I was hogging the position or anything. Sorry some of you find that hard to believe.
  • I'm with Chrissy, I had no idea there was anything ever wrong. But then again, I;ve been gone quite a bit the last couple weeks. Sorry you feel unwelcomed.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:6b404191-e0e5-4650-b3f7-c33abddd50b1">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : Well I did Cathy.  And I also recall talking to you on the phone for at least an hour in May or so when you were upset about something and I never said a single word to anyone about that conversation.  And I did contact you back in October when you flipped out on me the first time but apparently I was too toxic for your life. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Cathy - all of us are friends.  And when friends are hurt, in trouble, or anything like that, you help them.  If you felt like something was going on before this why didn't you come on and ask??

I know for one thing that if you were not a friend and you were to tell me to my face that you thought Colleen was too toxic for your life that I would punch you out.  No one, and I mean no one talks bad about my friends.  Just the same if someone talked badly about you and I hurt for you I would do the same.

But when you are friends you have to talk it out.  So things like this (you know this type of whole conversation - you can call it whatever the F! you want) but they happen. 

You are a great person Cathy.  You are sweet, kind, smart, and willing to do things for others without thinking.  We all have our flaws. I have mine, Colleen has hers, Mel has hers... and so on.

We don't want to get rid of you... if you want to step down from Mod then so be it.  Someone else can take over.  But please for the LOVE OF LIFE do not think twice that we hate you... cause we don't. 

Sweetie,  we love you.  We care about you.  Don't get all hostile on us, lets just talk.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_kidding-right-cathy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:644Discussion:b004d17d-03f9-4db7-a324-18d20e1f4477Post:42096421-4edd-4a76-af27-ee49abddb247">Re: You're kidding right Cathy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're kidding right Cathy? : Cathy - all of us are friends.  And when friends are hurt, in trouble, or anything like that, you help them.  If you felt like something was going on before this why didn't you come on and ask?? I know for one thing that if you were not a friend and you were to tell me to my face that you thought Colleen was too toxic for your life that I would punch you out.  No one, and I mean no one talks bad about my friends.  Just the same if someone talked badly about you and I hurt for you I would do the same. But when you are friends you have to talk it out.  So things like this (you know this type of whole conversation - you can call it whatever the F! you want) but they happen.  You are a great person Cathy.  You are sweet, kind, smart, and willing to do things for others without thinking.  We all have our flaws. I have mine, Colleen has hers, Mel has hers... and so on. We don't want to get rid of you... if you want to step down from Mod then so be it.  Someone else can take over.  But please for the LOVE OF LIFE do not think twice that we hate you... cause we don't.  Sweetie,  we love you.  We care about you.  Don't get all hostile on us, lets just talk. Posted by lzmac11[/QUOTE]

Well said Linds! We've managed to all keep in touch for this long for a reason, because we have grown attached to one another and have become friends. Friends should be able to talk to one another about their problems.
    Anniversary
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Whoa...I work on some spreadsheets and come back to this!   On to look at the other posts now.  I guess I am surprised at a number of the comments in here, too.  I know were are all different, but have gotten along well so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Wow this is all so out of control, seems like a lot of underlying issues going on here.

Cathy, I am sorry you have felt that way. Sometimes I know i've posted threads to try and get discussions going (or even tried to post questions in threads) but maybe get only a few responses, but I try not to take it personally. We're not all going to have the same opinions, but it doesn't mean I don't like anyone. Sometimes it's good to take a step back, because it's just the internet. I know you've got a lot going on personally, and I hope that you are OK. Maybe stepping down from Mod will be a good thing in the end to free up some drama and stress?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • HOLY SH**T What is going on???

This is the internet not Day's of our lives! Pretty sure when the computer goes off at night we all have lives.  Wow drama
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards