• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

PW today! Need dessert recipe for Sun.

So supper with my fam on Sunday I am making dessert.  10 people.  I have no clue what to make for dessert.  Its the only thing my mom wants me to help with, and I know her, she wont let me touch anything while I am there.

any ideas?
image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation

Re: PW today! Need dessert recipe for Sun.

• Super easy & yummy cake...  Call it what you will, Better Than Sex or Heaven in a Pan (probably more appropriate for a family gathering).

Your favorite chocolate cake mix in a box, bake as directed for a 9X13 (or weird metric equivalent). 

When cake is still warm, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes throughout cake then pour an entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake. 

Once cool, spread hot fudge topping over the cake.  Then spread a layer of whipped cream over the top of that.  Sprinkle your favorite chocolate candies on top of that. 
  • I love Better than Sex cake! So good! I've also had it with caramel and hot fudge. Not good for the waist and hips, but oh so yummy!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Sounds yummy! Is it good with white/yellow cake too?
    Anniversary
  • god that sounds really delish. better than what i was going to suggest.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Colleen I''ve made that cake before but I used a yellow cake mix and pineapple to pour over the cake and frost with a white icing!

I have so many great dessert recipes but they are all at home... But here is a really awesome Trifle that would be perfect to make now since the weather is so nice!
    (Patriotic Berry Trifle)

It is red white and blue but you don't have to call it Patriotic. :)
    Or you could just use all strawberries and call it Canadian Patriotic. :P

Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Serena, I bet a white cake with both caramel & hot fudge layers would be way yummy. 
  • Alright.  I am totally making this.  Is there an actual recipe?  Or just add this and that.  And what is hot fudge?  Cause I need more than that.  Thanks!
  • Linds, that's basically the recipe.  And what do you mean what is hot fudge?!?!?  Do you Canadians not make hot fudge sundaes?  Here you can buy a jar of it usually right by the ice cream section or wherever they keep the caramel and chocolate syrups.  Heat it up until it's spreadable, spread a layer (not thin but not thick) over the entire cake.  Once that cools, then add the layer of whipped cream. 
  • In Response to Re: PW today! Need dessert recipe for Sun.:
    [QUOTE]Serena, I bet a white cake with both caramel & hot fudge layers would be way yummy. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

OMG I am so wanting this!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: PW today! Need dessert recipe for Sun.:
    [QUOTE]Linds, that's basically the recipe.  And what do you mean what is hot fudge?!?!?  Do you Canadians not make hot fudge sundaes?  Here you can buy a jar of it usually right by the ice cream section or wherever they keep the caramel and chocolate syrups.  Heat it up until it's spreadable, spread a layer (not thin but not thick) over the entire cake.  Once that cools, then add the layer of whipped cream. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Got it.  I can do that. 
    I don't like hot fudge.  When I was a kid my mom used to tell people that I was allergic so they would make sure it didn't end up on my sundaes.  I am a strawberry girl. 
  • I thought you didn't know what it was?  Old girl be confused.
  • I thought the same thing Colleen. I wish I was allergic to it. I love me some hot fudge!
    Anniversary
  • How can you not like hot fudge?! Do you like chocolate? It's just soft chocolate!
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to Re:PW today! Need dessert recipe for Sun.:[QUOTE]I thought you didn't know what it was?nbsp; Old girl be confused. Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    Young girl is confused too.
  • A little late on this, but I make an Apple-Cinnamon cake that is very easy and always seems to go over well. Probably not as delish as the Better Than Sex cake though!

All you need is a box of spice cake mix - mix the ingredients as listed on the box with a can (21 oz) of apple pie filling. Bake as directed. Simple but very good! Smile       

TTC since January 2011

February 2012: 1st RE Appt.

HSG, B/W, & SA: All normal

September 2012: Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked left tube, Damaged right tube.

Next step: IVF #1. Started BCP 1/16/13!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/rigcd3.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards