• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Car Poll - What do you think of yours?

We are looking at getting a new vehicle.  Selling mine and getting an SUV/Crossover type vehicle.  Something that will hold more.  My little car won't keep up with a baby.  We talked about trading vehicles while I am on maternity leave, but because we are looking into moving outside the city and me possibly being a SAHM we are looking at slightly used vehicles.  My parents (mom and stepdad) just bought an 07 Ford Edge and it is in pristine condition.  We would have them help. 

Who has these types of vehicles out of you girls?
What do you have? Year, Make, Model?
What are your likes and dislikes about the vehicle?

I know the vehicle thing has come up before, but Z also doesn't want me taking dirt roads on my little car (eventually it would just tear up the undercarriage) so we are going to get something within the next year for sure.

I am just starting to look. 
Thanks!
image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation

Re: Car Poll - What do you think of yours?

• I had a 2006 Jeep Liberty and loved it! It fit enough stuff and it was fun to drive. The only reason I got rid of it was because of the gas mileage andhow far I was driving everyday.
    Anniversary
  • I'm a Nissan girl.  I have an Xterra and I know that's probably not what you need/want but you may want to look into the Rogue or Murano. 
  • i drive a little ford focus, which is not what you want. it's a good car but it sounds like that's what you are trying to get away from.
    my mom, however, has a subarui forrester. it's the second of its kind that she has owned. i think that might be sort of what you are looking for. it's sort of a small SUV, so it is higher off the ground than a sedan. plus all subaruis have either 4WD or AWD so they are good in the snow. and it has a pretty good amount of space inside. she loves hers. she had the last one for like 10 years, they last a very long time.
    Anniversary image<br
  • We have a 2003 Honda CRV. I love it! It gets good gas mileage for a small SUV and can carry just about anything. The nice thing is that all the models are now 4 wheel drive standard.
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Alex has a Toyota rav 4. It drives great, very comfy and gets great gas mileage. My sil drives the forester and loves it. I've also driven the chevy traverse and found it to be a great ride.
  • edited March 2012
    I have a 2008 Ford Edge....I really love it. When I bought in back in late 2007 I hadn't even met H and a family was definitely NOT on the brain. Now that babies are a little bit on the brain (not a A LOT), I am definitely glad I bought it. It will be paid off in a year and it is perfect for hauling around strollers and all the crap you have to carry with you when you have kids. It gets decent gas mileage too, we always take my car on trips now. It drives more like a car than a truck (most SUV's are built on truck frames, but a lot  of the crossovers are built on the car frames, they just sit higher). H had a Toyota 4Runner and I don't like driving it, not as smooth of a ride as the Edge.

The only other car I like right now is the Toyota Highlander. But my car is almost paid for and I am not about to go get a new one if I don't have to. The new Edge's look really nice too...

ETA: I don't think I'll ever drive a car from now on, I just love SUVs/Crossovers, unless someone gifts me a BMW or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm also a NISSAN girl. I have a 2004 pathfinder and it's my second one (had a 1993) however the newer ones are a lot bigger than mine.

Pros: fits everything, skis, dog, camping equipment etc. Has 4WD for snowy roads.
    The cons: really bad gas mileage and expensive repairs. If you're short like me it's harder to reach stuff and get in/out of (think car seats and kids)

• In Response to Car Poll - What do you think of yours?:
    [QUOTE]We are looking at getting a new vehicle.  Selling mine and getting an SUV/Crossover type vehicle.  Something that will hold more.  My little car won't keep up with a baby.  We talked about trading vehicles while I am on maternity leave, but because we are looking into moving outside the city and me possibly being a SAHM we are looking at slightly used vehicles.  My parents (mom and stepdad) just bought an 07 Ford Edge and it is in pristine condition.  We would have them help.  Who has these types of vehicles out of you girls? What do you have? Year, Make, Model? What are your likes and dislikes about the vehicle? I know the vehicle thing has come up before, but Z also doesn't want me taking dirt roads on my little car (eventually it would just tear up the undercarriage) so we are going to get something within the next year for sure. I am just starting to look.  Thanks!
    Posted by lzmac11[/QUOTE]

I drive an '07 Saturn Vue. It's Saturn's crossover SUV. It wasn't all that expensive and I've had really good luck with it. Its been very reliable and great in the winter (I have the AWD model). I believe they stopped making them in '09, but I've never had trouble getting parts or anything like that. The only negative I have is that the gas mileage isn't all that great (I've heard the regular not AWD model is a little better) but I think that goes along with SUV territory. Good luck!
    TTC since January 2011

February 2012: 1st RE Appt.

HSG, B/W, & SA: All normal

September 2012: Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked left tube, Damaged right tube.

Next step: IVF #1. Started BCP 1/16/13!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/rigcd3.jpg[/IMG]
  • My mom has a Saturn Vue (regular one) and loves it.  It is the same platform as the Chevy Equinox.  One of my friends has the Chevy version and really likes it.  Room for her kiddo, reasonable mileage, not a big hulking truck either.

We have 2 Chevy Malibus - one is a sedan (2011) and the other is a hatchback (2005 Maxx model - no longer in production).  The Maxx is the most practical car I have ever owned.  Has the space and flexibility of a small SUV but the gas mileage of a car (I was getting 35mpg highway and it has a 200hp V6 with power).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to Car Poll - What do you think of yours?:
    [QUOTE]We are looking at getting a new vehicle.  Selling mine and getting an SUV/Crossover type vehicle.  Something that will hold more.  My little car won't keep up with a baby.  We talked about trading vehicles while I am on maternity leave, but because we are looking into moving outside the city and me possibly being a SAHM we are looking at slightly used vehicles.  My parents (mom and stepdad) just bought an 07 Ford Edge and it is in pristine condition.  We would have them help.  Who has these types of vehicles out of you girls? What do you have? Year, Make, Model? What are your likes and dislikes about the vehicle? I know the vehicle thing has come up before, but Z also doesn't want me taking dirt roads on my little car (eventually it would just tear up the undercarriage) so we are going to get something within the next year for sure. I am just starting to look.  Thanks!
    Posted by lzmac11[/QUOTE]

I drive a 2005 Sebring, but H drives a 2011 Equinox, and we've really liked it so far.  It's not huge, but plenty of room for 2 car seats and storage in the back.  It does pretty well on gas mileage, too.  If he'd had a bigger budget, the Ford Edge  would've definitely been in the running.  I wanted to test drive it when we were shopping for his car.  We also considered a Ford Fusion, until we found out we'd need room for 2 car seats, not just one.
  • I have a Nissan Rogue- 2010.  I love it....good size for 2 kids and plenty of space in the back.  All wheel drive, around 28-30 mpg.  My only complaint is I had a honda civic which was 40 mpg so im still not over the gas difference!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards