• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

day-of emergency kit

hey ladies!
i am making my future sister in law a wedding day emergency kit. basically i'm calling it "the gift of one less thing to worry about" lol. i am passing along mine, and adding some more stuff. can you guys think of anything else that i should add?
i have:
granola bars (b/c i forgot to eat)
advil
super glue
nail files
small sewing kit
tic tacs
small lotion
small lint roller
deodorant removing sponge (i found this with other bridal stuff in michaels)
oil blotting tissues (same as above)
straws (so you don't mess your lipstick while hydrating)
chapstick
shout wipes
dental floss
tissues
small hair brush
small first aid kit
scotch tape
wet wipes
static guard
dog ring pillow (this is more of a joke, we all keep asking if her dog will be the ring bearer ... this way she can change her mind if she wants and get that neurotic little animal involved! :)
it's all in a small case with handles that has a small mirror on it. i'm going to mail it to her, since i can't make it to her shower. what am i missing?
Anniversary image<br

Re: day-of emergency kit

• I'd also add in some hem tape if it's not in the sewing kit (doubles as dress to skin bond in case of slippage). 
  • A wee can of hairspray perhaps?
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • corkietncorkietn member
    1000 Comments
    edited March 2012
    Deodorant, mints, and bug spray if the wedding is outdoors

EDIT: oops, i see you have tic tacs on there, nevermind the mints!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Safety pins, bobby pins, AF products
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: day-of emergency kit:
    [QUOTE]Safety pins, bobby pins, AF products
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]
    This.  You never know when AF will rear her ugly head.  I think I used a billion safety pins not just for myself, but the bridal party as well.  Make sure the tiny sewing kit has the color of thread for MOB, MIL, and BM dresses.  I also had some baby powder, toothbrush/paste, and gum.

funny_zpsd60c785f

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

"...And he just came out of my imaginary birthday cake." -its apelila

• edited March 2012
    Lisa this is such a sweet gift! I think she'll be the most prepared bride ever :)
    Anniversary
  • these are great ideas! keep 'em coming if you think of them.
    btw, i'm kind of in love with this idea as a bridal shower gift. i think i might do this from now on. it's a lot of little crap that you don't think about and i was so relieved when someone made one for me.
    Anniversary image<br
  • You're a sweetheart, Lisa! What a great gift!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • a razor in case she forgets to shave her underarms (yeh, i did...  )

a seam ripper - cause my alterations person forgot to take the staps off my strapless dress even though i told her 10 million times i would never wear them

the padding from a miracle bra - just in case you need that extra umph!

deodorant

blister medicine in case her shoes rub the wrong way/moleskin for some extra padding if necessary

• Dental floss.

And I did this as a shower gift before, too.  Much appreciated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have duct tape...because let's face it..duct tape can fix almost anything cept peace in the Middle East! I also have a tiny bottle of bug spary (out door wedding), hair pins, band aides, altoids, emergency oh crap straps in case someone's strapless dress doesn't stay up and needs help. My kit came with 'fake' wedding bands and a garter. The biggest thing you CAN NOT forget are any medications you might be on.

My emergency bridal kit came in this adorable little purse but we've left that far behind and upgraded to tool box!Wink
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards