• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Tumeric Tuesday

I just wanted to give this day a funny name. :)

I'm back after a crazy busy weekend. Saturday I worked YC and then went straight to a Christmas party where we all went to a local glass blowing studio and made our own ornaments. I can't wait to see what they will look like a friend is going down there today to pick them up.
Sunday I worked All day at YC.
 Monday I took off from my normal work and stayed home with P and we made cookies together and he wrote out all of the Christmas cards. I was super grateful that he helped me with everything since I was so tired from working the weekend at YC.

I'm not in the frame of mind to work today, but I work both jobs so I should get some stuff done at least. My Yankee schedule looks like it is going to be about 4-5 days a week up until Christmas. People have already started to get snippy, bossy and just plain mean when they are shopping now. It makes me cranky and then I inadvertently take it out on P. I'm thinking that this is my last year there so I'm going to try my best to not take in the negative from work and bring it home with me.
Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Tumeric Tuesday

• Ash - I am jealous of your glass blowing outing.  You must post pics!  J and I have been wanting to do that!  Hope these next 2 weeks at YC aren't so yucky.

Boring same old same old here.  I am working all week (boo), but it is my only full week this month, so I can't complain too much.  Only 8 more work days this month for me!

I realized I have not started my Christmas shopping yet and have little desire to start (and am clueless to boot).  I will likely be lame and do gift cards for most of my family this year.  I feel kinda weird about the prospect of getting a Victoria's Secret gift card for my nearly 16 year old niece, but she loves all the PINK hoodies and yoga pants.  She is growing up too fast - I remember changing her diapers all too well.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • good morning girls!
    Ashley, that glass blowing thing sounds cool! I know what you mean about Christmas shoppers. I worked at Bath and Body Works one year, and people seemed more and more stressed as it got closer. Yuck!
    K, I wouldn't feel too bad about gift cards, people love them! I think I might skip Christmas cards altogether this year. I was going to do them, but I'm just not in the mood right now. It doesn't help that we don't have a lot of people's addresses.
    I'm feeling a little grinchy this year. I don't know why, I just feel like I'm not into the holidays this year. My extended family is having a lot of problems lately -- actually it's been going on for a few years now -- and I think that has something to do with it. Christmas used to be so fun when we all got together and this year it doesn't look like I will see most of the family at all.
    Anniversary image<br
  • L - I will be grinchy with you.  I decided to not to cards this year and we still haven't put up a tree or any decorations (we were going to at least put up our 3-4' tabletop tree, but that hasn't happened yet either).  I hope your extended family issues get resolved - been there, done that and it is no fun.
  • K- I'm jealous of your 8 working days for the rest of the year! What kind of cookies did you make this weekend?

Lisa- I think it is ok to not send out Christmas cards this year. I ordered cards that were basically already signed by us so we didn't actually put a lot of effort into ours this year. That is a bummer about your extended family and it is hard when you won't see a lot of people for the holidays. You always have us to cheer you up!
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    A - I made rosettes (pics posted on my FB wall) and then for cookie day each person either brought pre-bagged cookies to send home (so we got all different types) with each other or baked gingerbreadmen and sugar cookies for us to decorate that afternoon.
  • Good morning!

We had leftover pasta last night, and enjoyed catching up on our shows. I want to make some sugar scrubs this week as small gifts, and already purchased everything I need. We are all decorated, gifts are bought and wrapped, and we are ready for Christmas! Work has been super quiet, is it the 21st yet?

Ash- Lol, you succeeded in chosing a funny subject line for today. What an awesome party, I would love to go to a glass blowing studio. Please post pics of your ornament, and good luck with the crazies this week.
    K- Woohoo for just 8 more working days this month for the both of us!!! Gift cards are easy, and most people like them so I say go for it!
    Lisa- Boo, sorry family drama is ruining the holidays for you. I hope that things get resolved soon.
    Anniversary
  • Morning all. I had a long day yesterday and I'm sure AF is on it's way so I was really grumpy last night which resulted in fighting and lots of tears. On a more positive note we got all of our appliances hooked up and set up and now there is just a little more paint and a couple baseboards and our kitchen is done! I'll post pics once it's finished.
    We've done no decorating or anything because we want to get all this other stuff done. Christmas cards are just likely not going to happen at this point.
    I have 3 1/2 more work days (at my regular job) this year! but then work 9 or so at my p/t job.

A - the glass blowing looked fun. can't wait to see how your ornament turned out
    K - yeah for only 8 more work days.
    Lisa - see above re: grinchiness
    C- I want to make sugar scrubs which ones did you make?
  • K- that is super fun! I saw your picture of the rosettes being made, I've never had them before I'd like to try them if I can find them!

Chrissy- wow girl you are on the ball for Christmas! I'm so jealous of all yinz who don't have to work or are allowed to take vacation the week of and after Christmas. I don't have seniority to take vacation days the last two weeks of the year so I will be here all lonesome.
  • Ash- I don't what it is about Xmas that makes people suck so much. Only a couple weeks left, hang in there!
    K- I'm giving everyone gift cards too. And booze.
    Lisa- Sorry you're dealing with family drama.

I'm feeling Grinchy this year too. We've had our tree up for almost two weeks, haven't decorated it at all, and I'm already annoyed by how many needles it's losing and can't wait to get rid of it. The only thing I ever look forward to around the holidays is seeing my extended family, but that's not even happening this year. My dad has three brothers, and they all live within half an hour of each other and my grandparents, and then myself, my parents, and one cousin live 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from everyone else. Only one of my uncles and aunt are willing to host everyone, and they weren't able to this year because of their work schedules. No one except that aunt and uncle will travel here either. I don't get it. I managed to finish my shopping already, except for a couple of things for John, and everything is wrapped and I just need to mail out the gift card I got for my SIL and her husband who live in Tampa. I have to work the three days in a row before Christmas, and we are just having our parents and siblings for Christmas dinner. Hopefully I won't be too worn out to enjoy it.
    Anniversary
  • Andrea- I'm going to use this recipe- clicky. This website has a few others that look good, but I couldn't find any peppermint oil nearby

Ashley- Boo, sorry you don't get to take any time off. Luckily, our university is closed during the week of the 24th so I don't have to use any vacation or sick days.

Christine- You're making me glad we have an artificial tree, needles everywhere doesn't sound good. Sorry your family is being uncooperative, and putting a damper on everyone's Christmas.
    Anniversary
  • Ash - I got my rosette iron at BBB -recipe is on the box -  http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14148469

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards