May 2011 Weddings

HI!!!!!

good morning friends.  So my H has been in a funk because he is having a hard time getting out of bed at 5:45 to go running in the mornings.  So carazy me told him I would get up with him today and run.  I so regretted saying that when his alarm went off...

But I did go for a good run and now I am awake.  :)  Its his b-day today so I have to run some errands for that.  Hows it going for you lovely ladies?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: HI!!!!!

• Hello! you are crazy. I would never get up that early to run. I don't even like getting up at 7:00 to take DH to work. Lol Happy birthday to your husband! After DH gets out of work we're going to my hometown. It's carnival week, and tonight is the fireworks. I'm excited for fireman's food! Now I should stay up, but I'm probably going back to sleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • jlq2005jlq2005
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Everyone needs to check this out! http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/thecutestthingsthateverhappened?smobile Sorry if that's weird, I'm posting from my kindle
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • lol well if you only knew the mood H has been in because he hasn't been running it would make getting up a little easier. although it didn't feel like it when the alarm was going off. ;) take a nap jess you deserve it. I think I may
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Morning ladies :)

Happy Birthday Mr. Aggie!

jlq - I saw that site last night and was nearly in tears.  So much cuteness :)

BB - that's really funny

Not much going on here.  Hopefully it's quiet around this place.  I just can't take all the crazy excitement.  I'm in denial that Orientation is in less than a month and I have a shiiit ton of stuff to do prepare.  I'm sure it'll catch up with me eventually but denial is something I do very well so I'm going to go with what works.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Brown pants, white v-neck shirt (non-t-shirt), and heels.  My hair is already in a ponytail and it's not even 9am.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    Morning! I would probably die if I got up at 5 AM and than went for a run. But yea for you Aggie. Nothing going on here today. I have training this afternoon so I won't be around. H and I are going to look at a lawn mower after work, very exciting. I am hoping on the way home we stop for ice cream.

I am wearing a grey t-shirt, navy capris, and black sandals.

JLQ: Have fun at the carnival. Our was last week, yummo!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Morning! I'm speaking to a group today, so I have on a black skirt suit w/awhite and black polka dotted sleeveless shirt. Ditto LBV, my hair is already up. It's so freaking humid out! Happy Bday Mr. Aggie! 

So, the fun thing is that Carly Rae Jepsen (you know, Call Me Maybe) is playing a free concert tonight! Some girls from work and I are planning on going, but not if it's raining. Not worth standing in the rain to hear one song.
  • haha sounds fun Aimers!

umm I am wearing a robe still.Embarassed  I got my shower in, but then I took a nap.  
    Fred Rogers
  • BB - you go to the person's profile and then there's a dropdown underneath their cover photo and one of the options is to unfriend.

I have no insight into the inactive thing.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Oh that is super weird BB.  I guess I always assumed a bunch of these people unfriended me but I guess they just deactivated their account.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • This is really weird though because apparently one of my friends deactivated his account but I'm still friends with him and he posts daily.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • weird BB but if you click their name you can unfriend them (its in the writing not a button)
    Fred Rogers
  • BB because if you I did some fb  "friend" clensing as well, I have also learned that I know someone who now transgendered.  That was an interesting find lol!
    Fred Rogers
  • oh my gosh bb there are some people I wanted to delete but I KNOW they will notice and refriend. So limited profile it is for them :o
    Fred Rogers
  • I totally took a nap. It was wonderful.

I got a rejection letter in the mail today to a job I applied for. It was one that I really wanted, too.   :(  No one wants to hire me. 
    my read shelf:
  • Aww I'm sorry jlq :(
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • jlq, I'm so sorry.  That stinks.  Don't blame yourself, though, the economy is awful.

I am wearing a floral skirt, a pink v-neck and a silver chain necklace today.  Sadly I have been wearing skirts/dresses a lot lately because I seem to have put on a little extra weight, and my jeans aren't comfortable anymore.  I can't bring myself to go buy new ones in a bigger size, although I may eventually have to.  Boo!

So I had an interesting message on FB this morning - my high school boyfriend, who I've vaguely stayed in touch with, wrote me this super nice note apologizing for how he was back then.  Apparently he came across an old IM conversation from 2002 and was appalled at his own behavior.  Honestly I think we were both dumb teenagers in a lot of ways (one reason not to get married at that age!), but it was really sweet of him to want to let me know that he's sorry.  It gave me the warm fuzzies.  He was basically my first serious relationship (including the L-word), and I'm really happy he's in a better place - he just got married this past year.  It reminded me of all the good times we had just being kids together.
    imageimage
  • In Response to Re: HI!!!!!:
    I got too frustrated trying to figure out the limited profile business.  It's too complicated.
    Posted by Beaniebeach
    Agreed.  I've either approved you for everything or denied your request.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Thanks, ladies.
    It sucks. But oh well. Wasn't meant to be, I guess.

I'll just drown my sorrows tonight in fireman's pizza & fries and a funnel cake. 
    my read shelf:
  • LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: HI!!!!!:
    Thanks, ladies. It sucks. But oh well. Wasn't meant to be, I guess. I'll just drown my sorrows tonight in fireman's pizza & fries and a funnel cake. 
    Posted by jlq2005
    Was ist das?
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    In Response to Re: HI!!!!! : Was ist das?
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    Pizza made by the firemen. hahah.

My hometown has a Fireman's Carnival every year, and all the money they get goes right to the fire department. (it's all volunterr, and this is a huge fundraiser for them). 
    Besides the usual carnvial food booths, the fireman also have their own food booths. One of them being a pizza stand. Seriously, the best pizza ever. I'll probably eat like 3 pieces, then get more to bring home.
    They also have a stand where they make fries, hamburgers and hotdogs, hot sausages, etc. 
    I always buy the fireman's food. The only carnie food I get is a funnel cake. 
    Gotta support my family! (my stepdad's the fire chief) 
    my read shelf:
  • Oooh so maybe BB wasn't too far off with them heating it on their abs.  Probably not smart to gawk at the hot fireman with your husband and stepdad hanging around though.

But for your viewing pleasure:

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Uhm. That's not exactly what the firemen look like in my town. hahaha.
    Most of them are older ... and sort of chubby. haha! 
    Example - My stepdad is 60. He's the chief. 
    The Deputy Cheif - In his 50's. Divorced. 

My little sister is also in the fire department. And my mom. 

my read shelf:
  • I wish our towns firemen looked like that! hahahah!

Let's not forget - those guys get paid. The guys in my town, do not. lol. 
    my read shelf:
  • Hi all.

Having a happy day filled with music. Makes me all bouncy.

It finally rained. So it is cooler. So happy.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • There's like an 80% chance of rain tonight now. :(
    It can't rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I NEED MY PIZZA AND FRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my read shelf:
  • Yum firemen. err I mean pizza. yes Yumm pizza ;). I was in the supermarket with all the old people today and one of was staring at my chest until he was fully past me like not subtle turn his head to continue staring. It was creepy and gross I wanted to slap that 60+yr old.
    Fred Rogers
  • Aggie that's super creepy. I probably would have said something. I'm kind of rude like that. 
    my read shelf:
    Aggie that's super creepy. I probably would have said something. I'm kind of rude like that. 
    Posted by jlq2005
    Not rude to stand up for yourself against creepers.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Yum firemen. err I mean pizza. yes Yumm pizza ;). I was in the supermarket with all the old people today and one of was staring at my chest until he was fully past me like not subtle turn his head to continue staring. It was creepy and gross I wanted to slap that 60+yr old.
    Posted by aggiebug
    This made me giggle.  And I'm sorry about the creepy old man.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards