• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

make-up

I'm considering my options for wedding day make up, so let's have some questions....

Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?
Are you having airbrush or regular make up?
Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?
If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up?

Re: make-up

• Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?   Professionally.  No way would I trust myself to do it on the most photographed day of my life!

Are you having airbrush or regular make up?  Airbrush, it's beautiful, flawless, and feels like you're wearing nothing.

Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?   Yes.

If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up?  $150  (I paid $75 at my trial and pay the last $75 on the wedding day).
    Anniversary
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it? Self

Are you having airbrush or regular make up? Regular

Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done? Don't have BMs

If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up?  Don't know yet - I already have most of what I need.  Still need a long-last lip stain and probably will buy some eyeshadow/liner.
    Photobucket
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?Professional.  I have absolutely no makeup skills whatsoever. 
    Are you having airbrush or regular make up?  Regular.  My MUA doesn't do airbrush.
    Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?  I'm paying for my WP and mom to have their hair & makeup done.
    If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? I'm paying $150, but that's for hair AND makeup. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• rschuckman - what MUA are you using?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?  I'm having it done professionally by a MaryKay makeup lady.  :)  I have absolutely no makeup skills myself.
    Are you having airbrush or regular make up? Regular 'ol makeup. But the MK stuff we're using is super light and feels like you're not wearing anything, which I love.
    Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done? I'm not sure - My lady has offered to do theirs, but my sisters&other BM all have makeup skills so they will probably just do their own.

Nothing! Which is amazing!!! The lady that is doing it is a good friend of mine from college's mom, and she offered to do it for free! (But I'm giving her a thank you note with a tip in it) 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?
    professionally
    regular makeup
    They have a choice as to doing it themselves or paying to have it done.
    $85 dollars on site. It includes 2 looks one right before the ceremony and a touch up right before the reception. For BM if they want theirs done its $35.
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it? Professionally

Are you having airbrush or regular make up? Airbrush - I have extremely oily skin and I want something that is going to look great and last all day.

Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done? I gave them the option. A few are getting theirs done. One just wanted fake eyelashes.

If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? Mine is $150, BMs are $75.
    Photobucket
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    2500 Comments
    edited November 2010
    Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?  I'm having a makeup artist come to my house to do my makeup (also my mom and some of the BMs who want it done)

Are you having airbrush or regular make up? As of right now, regular makeup - at my trial, my makeup artist recommended reg makeup for me

Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?  Some of them... it's a little too much for some so I left it entirely up to them! The makeup artist will be there and I'll need to give her a final 'head count' a month prior so they have until late April to decide. I know for sure at least 4 of the girls are getting it done plus my mom, and possibly FMIL

If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? My bridal makeup is $150 and the BM makeup is regularly $100, but if 4 or more get it done (and we do have 4+) it's $75/pp for the BMs

Miss | Mrs | Blog
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?  Professional who is a friend
    Are you having airbrush or regular make up?  Regular
    Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done? Yes, but only if they want.
    If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? $75 for me, $45 for the girls
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • i'm having it done professionally as i seriously have no clue how to apply it and i'd rather not look like a clown that day! the MU artist is doing me and MOH and my mum, she charges £25 pp which is maybe USD 39.00if we want a trial its another £25 pp. i would loeve airbrush but no one here does it! i hear its amazing.
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it? Professionally

Are you having airbrush or regular make up? Airbrush

Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?  A few of my BM's are.

If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up?$165 for hair and make up.
    Anniversary
  • rshuckman - ahhhh I already checked with Jean and she's booked on my wedding day :( I had a trial with a girl in Dayton and wasn't terribly thrilled. I might do a trial with Brideface.....
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?
    I'm having both hair and makeup done professionally
    Regular makeup, but if things don't work out as well as I would like them to for my bridal portraits I'll consider airbrush.
    My MOH, two BMs, flower girl and FMIl will be joining for hair and makeup. I'll be paying for it all, I haven't told them that they're getting hair and makeup done so it'll be a nice surprise!
    For all three of my girls, our flower girl (only light gloss), FMIL, my makeup, birdal maekup and a trial run it was all about $450.
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it? Im getting mine professionally done
    Are you having airbrush or regular make up? AIRBRUSH!
    Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?  I gave them the option to have theirs done or do it themselves 
    If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? Mine is 100 dollars for airbrush makeup including false eyelashes. 
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?   Professionally.

Are you having airbrush or regular make up?  Regular

Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?   All are getting hair, and half are getting make-up..

If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? Make up for me is $110 and $70 for the girls. At our location not salon.
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?  professionally
    Are you having airbrush or regular make up? airbrush hopefully
    Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done? my mom wants hers done
    If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up?  no idea yet, most likely $100 or so with the trial.
  • Are you having your make up done professionally, doing it yourself, or is a friend/relative applying it?  Professionally (I wish I had the skills or one of my girls did to do it alone but we dont)
    Are you having airbrush or regular make up?  no clue
    Are your BM's or other females in your wedding having their make up done?If they want it
    If you feel like sharing, how much are you spending on your make up? no idea! I need to look into this. The place we are hoping to book for hair and makeup is dumb! Not a good sign! My sister`s friend works there and is supposed to email my sister information but she hasn`t yet! We`ve only been after her for this info for likely 3-4 months! But I think she is just jealous cause she got engaged before FI and I and are getting married in August.  Honestly, she has made comments! I mean really though - grow up! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GoBucksOH: I am using Heidi McKenna and she is awesome. She is $50.00 for the bride and 25.00 for anyone else. However she is traditional make-up. But the girls on the Cincy board always have good things to say about her. Let me know if you want her contact info!

So I guess that answers the above questions haha!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards