• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Thursday... Only one more day till Friday!

Hey Gals! Good Morning! I was in the field I week, so I was a little MIA. Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday! Anybody excited for March Madness?
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Thursday... Only one more day till Friday!

• Welcome back degrea!

So excited!  I'm actually up at my alma mater today for two appointments and everyone on campus is just buzzing with excitement. 

My 10:30 appointment hasn't shown up yet and I have a feeling I'm being stood up.  No biggie though because this means I can do some other work and then watch the game when it starts at 12:15.  My next appointment isn't until 1 so lots of time off in between :)

DH also has a second interview today at 11 so keep him in your thoughts.  It's for a position in the same company, just a different department.  He's slowly been making lateral moves towards the area where he wants to be so this would be his final stop and he'd finally be there!

Have a good day ladies!!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning!

My office is doing a March Madness bracket so I was doing that this morning. I don't follow college basketball at all, so I had no idea what I was doing. I was googling the teams and their matchups to determine the winner. I have Louisville and Indiana in the final with Louisville winning. I doubt I'll be winning any money, but it should be fun. Until I lose. :)

Good luck to your H, E!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello! Today is my Friday yippee!  Tomorrow is when we really start moving Wahoo!

How is working on the field degrea? 

Good luck to Mr evita! I hope it goes well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Good Luck Mr.E!!

Good Luck with your bracket Kris! I don't make one so I will route for your teams unless they play CUSE or come up against Cinderella! I always route for Cinderella!

Good Luck with the big move Aggie! May your back forgive you.

Working in the field is sort of fun! A lot of the time I don't like it because I feel like I don't belong out there and don't want to touch the wrong thing. But the guys usually treat me pretty well as long as you have a thick skin.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • ...and I was stood up yet again.  At least the game is being played on cbs.com so I can watch it!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_thursday-only-one-more-day-till-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:24ff821c-8807-4ec1-9440-52bc33823277Post:e6ae0118-8372-4cea-a538-ceca3cb9dbc5">Re: Thursday... Only one more day till Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Luck Mr.E!! Good Luck with your bracket Kris! I don't make one so I will route for your teams unless they play CUSE or come up against Cinderella! I always route for Cinderella! Good Luck with the big move Aggie! May your back forgive you. Working in the field is sort of fun! A lot of the time I don't like it because I feel like I don't belong out there and don't want to touch the wrong thing. But the guys usually treat me pretty well as long as you have a thick skin.
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

Is CUSE Syracuse? I chose them to beat Montana in the first round. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_thursday-only-one-more-day-till-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:24ff821c-8807-4ec1-9440-52bc33823277Post:45604536-77ac-4a25-b7da-c139eed463ed">Re: Thursday... Only one more day till Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday... Only one more day till Friday! : <strong>Is CUSE Syracuse?</strong> I chose them to beat Montana in the first round. :)
    Posted by kris2131[/QUOTE]
    Yep!  I like the orange guy mascot.  He's cute :)
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Yes sorry CUSE is Syracuse or as E said Orange or Orangemen. I like the Orange mascot as well.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Go 'Cuse!

EEEE - here's a funny story.  I thought you worked at your alma mater.  Apparently that's not true?  Where do I come up with these things?
  • Makes sense why you would think it because I do talk about them a lot and I don't mention the actual place I work. That would be awesome if I did work for them though because the options for grad programs would be a lot greater and I definitely would have gone for my masters degree. Oh and thank you everyone for your thoughts for DH. He's got a third interview next week!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Hello! 

I don't watch basketball, so I do not care about March Madness.

Hope your H's interview went well, E!  Also - E - I check out all those  books, and I can pretty much buy all of them with my gift card. Yesss. 
    Good luck with the move, Aggie! 

Tomorrow we're headed home to my mom's for the weekend. Should be pretty nice. I'm sad though because my niece and nephew won't be there.  booo.
    Also, I bought the most expensive toothpaste ever today. $16. Think of that next time you're paying $6 for two tubes of crest. hahah! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_thursday-only-one-more-day-till-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:24ff821c-8807-4ec1-9440-52bc33823277Post:9f341f9f-a7b9-4af7-bcde-ae36b94c01b6">Re: Thursday... Only one more day till Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I don't watch basketball, so I do not care about March Madness. Hope your H's interview went well, E!  <strong>Also - E - I check out all those  books, and I can pretty much buy all of them with my gift card. Yesss.</strong>  Good luck with the move, Aggie!  Tomorrow we're headed home to my mom's for the weekend. Should be pretty nice. I'm sad though because my niece and nephew won't be there.  booo. Also, I bought the most expensive toothpaste ever today. $16. Think of that next time you're paying $6 for two tubes of crest. hahah! 
    Posted by jlq2005[/QUOTE]
    Ooooh happy reading!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards