May 2011 Weddings

Good Morning

Good morning ladies!  What do you have on tap for today?

Also, Happy Birthday Aimers!!  Hope it's a good one!
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Good Morning

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    I'm celebrating my Phillies this morning.

Two walk off wins, one improbable come from behind and only one series loss since the All-Star Break.
  • Morning. I woke up to find our front door had blown open (again). The stupid thing doesn't close all the way unless the dead bolt is locked. One of the cats got out. I closed the door and put on shoes to go find him. When I re-opened it, he came running back in. Day saved. I'm telling the landlord to fix the damn door now.

My work had a silent auction that ended last night. I won 40 hours of PTO. Yes, my company is awesome and let people bid to not be there. Now I can for sure go home for Christmas. The last time I was there was in May.
  • gooood morning! I hope its the happiest of Wednesdays for you. :) klassy that is awesome that you won PTO. happy birthday Aimers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • happy birthday aimers!! :)

Ahh so my company gives promotions quarterly and I got a promotion while I was on maternity leave.  a pretty good one.  So I went in yesterday w/the baby and asked my boss if I could take an extended leave rather then resigning which is what I had planned so that I could stay home w/ Alexa.  that way I could keep my job and (hopefully) my promotion.  Waiting to hear back and am nervous... if they say no I can't do the extended leave do I resign and risk not getting my job (that I love) back? I definitely don't want to go back right now, I want to stay with the baby.  I just don't know.. hopefully they will approve the leave.
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GAH!  One of my work collegues just came to ask me about wedding invitations because he and his partner are apparently finally tying the knot.  He was asking if I knew of any discount places other than Vistaprint.  I explained that I made my own invitations so I really didn't know of any invitation places (total lie since obviously I've heard of places on TK).  He was curious about my DIY project so I showed him a sample of what a pocketfold invitation looks like and talk about all the inserts you can put in them.

He then says, "Oh like the registry information?"  I have to say it gave me a lot of satisfaction to say, "actually it's a big faux pas to do that because it basically is asking guests to give you a gift."  This man makes my work life miserable whenever I have to ask him for something so it gave me so much satisfaction to put him in his place ettiquette wise.  He informed me he is still going to put the registry info there because everyone gives gifts and they need to know where to shop.  ::::head desk::::
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Awesome win Klassy!

Good luck Masey!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Happy Birthday, Aimers!

Best of luck, Masey.

Do something fun with your time off, Klassy!

And yay Phils.  We have Hamels for six more years.  Where are kris or uneek to celebrate these things with me??
  • Good Morning!

Joy, here's a picture for you. :)

He'll be wearing that to his first Phillies game next month.

So, I'm on the hunt for a day care. My parents are going on vacation for 2 weeks and since my mom is the one watching him while I'm at work, she obviously won't be able to since they're going out of state. And the day care my niece and nephew go to is maxed out on infants and can't take him. Wonderful.

Klassy, that's awesome you won PTO!
    Masey, good luck! And congrats on the promotion! And honestly? I would go back even if they don't grant you the extra time. The longer you stay home and away from your job, the harder it will be to go back.
    Aimers, Happy Birthday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YES, KRIS!!!
  • Good luck Masey! That is a tough spot if they don't approve it. How long is the extended leave?

and Kris I hope you find some one to care for the little one.  You know whats funny? I always want to have you living in Canada. I have NO CLUE why and I know you live if FL but my brain has you living in Canada.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    Morning! Not much going on here today. We came home yesterday to find a tree down in the front yard. The joys of owning a house. It couldn't have fallen after the party this weekend. Nooo, so H took an hour to cut it down the rest of the way. It is sitting in the front yard where it will remain for a week or so. We are so busy prepping for the party we don't have time to deal with it now. Good news... two of our friends are coming in Friday night from NE for the party. I can't wait to see them,

Masey: Yea Promotion!
    Klassy: Yea PTO
    Joy/Uneek/Kris: Yea Phillies!
    LVB: Silly guy at work!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • In Response to Re: Good Morning:
    GAH!  One of my work collegues just came to ask me about wedding invitations because he and his partner are apparently finally tying the knot.  He was asking if I knew of any discount places other than Vistaprint.  I explained that I made my own invitations so I really didn't know of any invitation places (total lie since obviously I've heard of places on TK).  He was curious about my DIY project so I showed him a sample of what a pocketfold invitation looks like and talk about all the inserts you can put in them. He then says, "Oh like the registry information?"  I have to say it gave me a lot of satisfaction to say, "actually it's a big faux pas to do that because it basically is asking guests to give you a gift."  This man makes my work life miserable whenever I have to ask him for something so it gave me so much satisfaction to put him in his place ettiquette wise.  He informed me he is still going to put the registry info there because everyone gives gifts and they need to know where to shop.  ::::head desk::::
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    Bahhhhhhhh! So not okay. That's like how my SIL's reasoning for having a HM registry was because they were "unconventional".
  • Thanks for all the birthday wishes! :)

Dinner w/IL's last night was so yummy!  Tonight DH is taking me somewhere for dinner too, so that's super fun. I might go get a manicure and treat myself to lunch too :)
  • The jackass downstairs woke me up becuase he decided pounding shiat into the walls at 9:00 as a good idea. I cannot wait to get away from these people!! I don't know what the problem has been, but in the last two weeks he has been so friggin loud all day long! He's on disablility so he's home all day andhe's been blaring music and being super loud. It's really starting to irritate me. 

I have to work 1:30-9:30 today. Hopefully it goes fast. I work with a girl I really can't stand, so she better not try to boss me around in my own house like she did on Saturday. This girl is assigned to one of the other houses, and she came in Saturday trying to tell me how we were going tod do things. Uhm, NO. This is MY house, not yours, so step off. UGH!!! 

Geeze I'm so irritated this morning! 

Happy birthday, Aimers!!! 
    Klassy - Awesome about "winning" PTO! That's super cool! 

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning!  Nothing new here.

Happy Birthday, Aimers!!!  I hope you enjoy dinner tonight.

@Kris:  That pic is so cute!

@Masey:  I hope the job situation turns out the way you want.  Congrats on the promotion!

@Beanie:  Did you watch Dance Mom's last night?  DH and I did.  Jill is crazy.  I was laughing when they said she now looks like Cathy (her hair), ha.  No new episode next week but in 2 weeks, oh my; that episode looks great (drama!).
    Anniversary
  • good morning beautiful ladies!  ::::waives:::::

Hope everyone is well :) 

Life in colorado has been quite eventful in the last few months keeping me busy! Sure wish i could hang out more like old times....
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    HI CG!!!!! We miss you around here!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    HI CG!!!!! We miss you around here!
    Posted by degrea
    have you been watching RHWNJ?
    I am ready for this RV trip already....the 3 episodes they did building the drama was lame LOL
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    In Response to Re: Good Morning:
    In Response to Re: Good Morning : have you been watching RHWNJ? I am ready for this RV trip already....the 3 episodes they did building the drama was lame LOL
    Posted by ColoradoGal52711
    It is DVRed. My SIL doesn't have cable so we get together and watch hours of it at the same time. We are do for another marathon. But so this season has been ridiculous and looks like it will only get better. When we catch up we will have to have a discussion. Do you know when this season will end, after the show wrap up and all that jazz?
  • Hi!!!

I haven't been here in awhile so catch me up!

We moved out of our apartment and our are currently living with our in-laws, which is kind of stressful for me.  At the end of August we will be moving to Minnesota becase..drumroll please... I got the job!!  So everything is very stressful and and exciting around here and I've mostly just been trying to figure everything out.  I'm actually currently on some anit-anxiety/anti-depressents because all of the stress and pressure from everything was really getting to me.  Hopefully after we move and everything settles down a bit I can come off of them.

What have all of you lovely ladies been doing?
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    Hi SOS! Congrats on the job! Good luck on the move! Where is MN are you going?
    In Response to Re: Good Morning : It is DVRed. My SIL doesn't have cable so we get together and watch hours of it at the same time. We are do for another marathon. But so this season has been ridiculous and looks like it will only get better. When we catch up we will have to have a discussion. Do you know when this season will end, after the show wrap up and all that jazz?
    Posted by degrea
    Its been a good season for sure...this RV trip is going to be a shitshow! #icantwait

I am not sue when it ends and wraps up. :( i think we have a while longer tho!
    Morning!  Nothing new here. Happy Birthday, Aimers!!!  I hope you enjoy dinner tonight. @Kris:  That pic is so cute! @Masey:  I hope the job situation turns out the way you want.  Congrats on the promotion! @Beanie:  Did you watch Dance Mom's last night?  DH and I did.  Jill is crazy.  I was laughing when they said she now looks like Cathy (her hair), ha.  No new episode next week but in 2 weeks, oh my; that episode looks great (drama!).
    Posted by rschuckman
    Thanks lady! First, I love that your H watches Dance Moms w/you. Second, did you watch Bachelor Pad?
    Hi SOS! Congrats on the job! Good luck on the move! Where is MN are you going?
    Posted by degrea
    Rochester.  My new job is at the Mayo Clinic.  Super exciting for me!  Thanks!
  • SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY YAY YAY! Congrats on the job that is SO exciting.  and I miss you around here :) 
    Fred Rogers
    Hi!!! I haven't been here in awhile so catch me up! We moved out of our apartment and our are currently living with our in-laws, which is kind of stressful for me.  At the end of August we will be moving to Minnesota becase..drumroll please... I got the job!!  So everything is very stressful and and exciting around here and I've mostly just been trying to figure everything out.  I'm actually currently on some anit-anxiety/anti-depressents because all of the stress and pressure from everything was really getting to me.  Hopefully after we move and everything settles down a bit I can come off of them. What have all of you lovely ladies been doing?
    Posted by saveourship
    Congrats on the new job! Take care of yourself :)

• my skirt I made :D
    Fred Rogers
  • SOS - Yay for the new job! My H has family that works for Mayo, they're very good to their employees. Hopefully things will calm down for you once you move.

We're an hour away, we should meet up once you're settled!
    SOS - Yay for the new job! My H has family that works for Mayo, they're very good to their employees. Hopefully things will calm down for you once you move. We're an hour away, we should meet up once you're settled!
    Posted by KlassyWithaK
    Definitely!

Thanks everyone!  It's been a really crazy summer.  I see we've had some new little additions!  Congrats Mommas!
  • SOS!!!!!!!!!
    #!1 - I've missed you. I was just thinking about you yesterday.

#2 - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards