• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

why hello Monday!

I hope you are having a happy start to the week. It's snowing here we have about 3in of accumulation and it's still falling albeit it quite slowly now. We are mostly moved out of our old house yay! Just have to clean the place and get a few tools (like the snow shovel we could use this morning!) H and I don't work today so the plan is to clean the place and get some more straightened up here. :-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: why hello Monday!

• Hello!!! 

How did the move go this weekend, Aggie?! Are you glad it's done? Happy unpacking and settling in! 

It's snowing here, as well. DH was hoping it would start early enough to get a school delay, but it did not. It's not even sticking to the roads, which is good. Just the ground, and my car. 
    We had a really nice weekend at my mom's. We got to watch my nephew in his Pinewood Derby race for Boy Scounts. That was fun! It was nice to just relax at her house and not worry about running to see everyone, we didn't tell anyone else we were going to be home. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning! I am tried this morning but that is nothing new. My parents and grandparents came to visit for the afternoon yesterday. It was great to see them and hangout. We went out to a Japanese Steak House for dinner, yummy! My mom and dad loved it! I am not to sure about my grandparents, but I think they liked the show at least.

Aggie: Glad the move was successfully. Good luck with the unpacking and making the house feel like home!
    JLQ: That is the best when you go home and just stay home! No running around just relaxing!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Morning!

Aggie, Have fun straightening up the new house!
    J, relaxing weekends are nice, aren't they?
    Degrea, yum, Japanese Steakhouse! I bet it was nice to see your grandparents!

My weekend was pretty good. H had to work Saturday so I had Chase in the morning and took him to MIL in the afternoon. I went to Target and got him an outfit to wear for Easter Bunny pictures and got some other stuff. Then came home and put his border back up (3rd time putting it back up) and when I was almost done, a section I had already done fell. So I gave up. I hate that thing. Well, I hate the walls because they're textured. The border is cute, I can't hate it. :)

Then yesterday we went to the mall with the cousins and got pictures with the easter bunny. I was honestly a little freaked out by the easter bunny so I didn't blame Chase for being apprehensive. Something about a costume where you can't see the person's face. But he did well. I had to gradually put him on his lap. I had to sit down next to him, then inch Chase over. But the pictures came out cute.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kris: Saw the picture online. He is a cutie that is for sure.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Morning.

My biggest pet peeve with the weekend is my discovery that cable in Philadelphia is a price-gouging and losing battle.  I want a specific channel that is only offered with two companies in the area (Comcast and Verizon).  I haven't had this channel since we moved to Philly and - damn it - I want it.  But, the amount of money Comcast and Verizon want from me, solely because I want this channel, is making me pissed off.

What's the channel?  Comcast SportsNet.  I want to watch the Phillies games.  MLBtv won't allow me to order through the internet because my credit card has a Philly zip code.  "Watch it locally!" they say.  Yeah, and we come full circle.

EDIT: About 25% of the games are on channels that everyone gets (17, Fox, etc) while the other 75% are on this comcast channel that only Comcast or Verizon customers can get.  It's a racket.  I want to hate the Philles so hardcore for this, but I can't.
  • Joy - Things like that are part of the reason we don't have cable.
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Joy, we have DirecTV and we have to buy the baseball package so H can watch the Phils. The baseball package is a couple hundred dollars more than our monthly bill. I tried to talk him out of getting it this season and even said "it's just baseball" haha. Yeah, I think I almost had to sleep on the couch for that one. ;)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy Monday everyone!  It was a quiet weekend at our house this weekend.  LOTS of basketball for DH which meant lots of reading time for me :)  I have a short week this week because of Good Friday so yay for that!  We have an electrician coming on Friday to add an outlet to our laundry room.  Fun times y'all.

Aggie - glad you're almost moved and settling in :)  Also, you have more snow than we do here in Detroit which I think is a bit humorous.

Kris - glad you got some good pictures out of it :)

Degrea - Was the restaurant one of those places where you sit around the grill and they cook the food in front of you?

Joy - sorry for the cable troubles!  We went through that a few years ago with the Big 10 network and it was annoying.  Well DH found it extremely annoying, and I found DH's complaining annoying although I understood ;)

jlq - I read The Sea of Tranquility yesterday and I highly recommend it.  It wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be but it was really good and I know you'll like it.  Hopefully your library has some of the books I've been recommending or else I feel bad for spending your amazon giftcard for you!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • E: Yes it was! I don't know what they put in the fried rice but I could eat buckets of it. The chef this time since my mom asked told us what we has adding in each bottle. He said one bottle was soy and the other was coke cola. I am not sure if I believe him or if he was kidding around but you can bet next time I make fried rice at home I will be trying it with coke, haha!

Joy: The cable company is wicked annoying. It is losing battle. The cheapest provider around here is Dish or at least that is what I have found. They don't carry YES though so I am forced to use Time Warner or Direct TV. Direct TV doesn't have any deals with the internet provider (phone company)  so I am pretty much stuck with Time Warner and there shitty service. So annoying!
  • I'm glad to hear that other people are upset with their cable TV as well!!

I didn't have cable for about ten years... then my husband moved in and he wouldn't agree to no cable so we got a small package from DirectTV (the only choice in our apartment building).  It's nice - about 70 channels + HBOs (that we don't pay for because DirectTV forgot to take it away).  Flat rate for that plus internet that is very reasonably priced.

Now, we're moving.  Can't have any of that.  I want to scream.

We did - however - figure out a security system for the house, which makes me happy!  We're going to get SimpliSafe.  No monthy fee!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_why-hello-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:4756f18e-df82-443a-a6ff-5cbda8986a67Post:28add3f1-0d7d-447b-ba1c-764b592767b5">Re: why hello Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] jlq - I read The Sea of Tranquility yesterday and I highly recommend it.  It wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be but it was really good and I know you'll like it.  Hopefully your library has some of the books I've been recommending or else I feel bad for spending your amazon giftcard for you!
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]
    Good to know, becaue I bought The Sea of Tranquility already! hahahha!!! And don't worry, my library didn't have most of the books you recommended, so I bought them. A few were only 99 cents, so really you couldn't beat that. I had already planned to buy a couple, and the other ones just sounded so good and that darn Amazon "buy with 1 click" button gets me. It's just so easy! 
    my read shelf:
  • Funny Joy, my H could live without cable. It is me that insist we have it and that the YES network is included. I would miss cable if I didn't have it. Where would I watch NCIS marathons, haha!
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_why-hello-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:4756f18e-df82-443a-a6ff-5cbda8986a67Post:576b5f86-0e5e-46cd-a617-7f6fdd4ff04b">Re: why hello Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where would I watch NCIS marathons, haha!
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

Our cable has a funny quirk where we lose one station for a few months, then it comes back and we lose a different station for the next few months.  We never have them all.  Sometimes the lost station just becomes a black screen; sometimes the sound is really distorted (and we say that Satan is talking to us); sometimes the picture is gone but we still have sound; sometimes it just turns into another station (like right now we TVLand twice).

Most recently, we lost USA.  We used to watch all the NCIS marathons but can't watch any now!  Haha. I forgot about it until Jay got all nostalgic last night.  The time period is almost up - we'll get USA back soon.
  • HAHA I would cry Joy if USA disappeared! It is prety much my go to channel when I get home. Is NCIS on? YESSS!!!! We'll keep this on as backround noise. HAHA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards