• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

My big fat American gypsy wedding.

I shamefully watch this crap. Let's discuss. I totally believe the uk version. But the American makes me laugh. It is so unreal. I don't believe it.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ask me stuff.

Re: My big fat American gypsy wedding.

• woah woah. There's a US version? I've only seen the UK version. Share!
  • It is only two episodes in. Sunday nights tlc. And in true tlc style it is awful. And I cannot stop watching it.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • I'm a little dubious that travelers exist in the US.  Where was the show filming, Mono?

Did you have a nice anniversary?!
  • Boston and Georgia are where they are filming. So far. My anniversary was ok. Didn't do anything special. Then again we are going on a cruise in less than two weeks. We tried to go to the park we got married in. But it was a madhouse. It was prom night and the park was filled with teens taking pictures with their parents. And Mexicans celebrating. From what I saw it was depressing. All the flowers and trees bloomed early and it was not the magical place it was last year. We did go out to eat the weekend before. And we just spent the rest of the day at home. I did however put in the dress. Will post a pic when I am not on my phone.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • I'm sure your cruise will be great!  We really only went out to dinner - the rest of the day was spent lounging around!

Hmm... Boston and Georgia.  I lived in Boston and never saw one gypsy.  I'm going to investigate!
  • Their dressmaker is in boston. Apparently the other filming location is west virgina.

This show is terrible one line from last night's show. "the eyes are like the nipple of the face" Yeah.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • Good, my other shows on Sunday night are over. ON TO THE GYPSIES!
  • I also heard that they were making a US Gypsy wedding show, lol = Awesome!  I thought it took place in New Jersey?
    Anniversary
  • It looks like jersey shore with underage brides. Seriously these girls are 14!

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited May 2012
    I watched them today on DVR.  So glad I had the day off for anniversary, but sadly DH had to work today since he took too many sick days this year and had to forfet the anniversary.  I spent it watching bad TV until he is home.

It looks somewhat believable, but really only the girl who said the nipples of the face line is what I might picture since they are the only family in a mobile home. 

It seems more like they are gypsies only in hertiage and not true travellers (considering that one girl that showed off the mansion).  It might be difficult to identify a gypsy family outside.  It looks like they tend to live in secluded communities and are not really out there.  You might think the girls were just horny teenagers if you saw them on the street.  Most of those girls looked like girls I went to highschool with.  

The whole culture is odd but interesting.  It was weird to see these girls dressed in very little belly dancing and talking about the non-gypsy girls being dirty and trashy... but in all honesty that one girl she was talking about was being trashier than any of the gypsy girls on the show.  

I don't really agree with the dress, but can see that just because you dress one way doesn't mean you have to spread your legs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards