Ohio-Cincinnati

Tres Belle Cakes

Has anyone tried them? I really like the fact that they can do cakes in odd shapes like a ps3 (grooms cake) But I wan't to see what people had to say before I went out and did a taste of their cake, we don't have time to go trying alot of different bakeries cakes.

Re: Tres Belle Cakes

• edited December 2011
    We met with her and she was very nice and pricing was really good, but IMO, I thought the cake tasted like out-of-the-box cake.  There are a lot of girls on here that RAVE about her though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have a review of the bakeries we tried (including Tres Belle) in my now defunct blog:

http://confessionsofafeministbride.blogspot.com/search/label/bakery

hth
  • edited December 2011
    I had a tasting with her and she was very nice but I decided against using her b/c although her cakes were good, they just didn't do it for me. But if you are interested you should at least try to have a tasting w/ her so you will know for sure???

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

If you're looking for an interesting shaped cake then I recommend Patricia's Wedding Cakes in Reading. We've been getting cakes from her since I can remember and they taste EXCELLENT!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KEJohnson04KEJohnson04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a tasting with her... her cakes were good, but didn't beat out Bakery Hill. I also didn't think her decorating was as perfect as other places. But for the price... might be worth it. The kicker for us was that she openly said she doesn't transport her cakes in an air conditioned car... that has melted cake written all over it in my mind. 
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely worth going for a tasting.  We really liked her cakes and she has so many flavor options!
    We ended up love loving A Spoon Fulla Sugar-amazing cakes and buttercream- and they also do different shaped cakes, if you want to "shop around". GL!
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with KEJohnson... I am also going with Bakery Hill, Moe is wonderful at what she does.  Her cakes taste wonderful, and I LOVED the fact that when I opened up her books I thought her buttercream was fondant it looked so smooth!
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The last wedding I was in, they used her, and the cake turned out beautiful and delicious. It's worth going for a tasting and then decide!
  • cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using her for our wedding next year.  She was very nice and the exact cake that I wanted was on her website, so i knew she was capable of making my dream cake.  Her cakes were delicious to me and my MOH.  Prices were great.  She also did a friend of mines wedding a couple years ago and the cake was great!  I would recommend her.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards