May 2011 Weddings

SuBC: Prequel to Along for the Ride (spoilers!)

Even though I swore I wouldn't do this, I'll do anything for points so here's my prequel to a book I just read.

My prequel to Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen would follow Maggie’s journey through high school.  It would include the back story of her mom who is always trying to turn Maggie into more of a girlie girl because she disapproves of her dirt biking.  It will also chronicle her relationship with Jake and their eventual break up.  The main theme would be Maggie’s struggle to balance what she wants with what those who surround her want (her mom and Jake.)

The turning point in the story would be her friend Abe’s untimely death due to a car accident.  Through the grief process, she learns that it’s better to live life for herself and not for anyone else.  She is finally able to find happiness with who she is.
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: SuBC: Prequel to Along for the Ride (spoilers!)

• In Response to SuBC: Prequel to Along for the Ride (spoilers!):
    Even though I swore I wouldn't do this, I'll do anything for points so here's my prequel to a book I just read. My prequel to Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen would follow Maggie’s journey through high school.   It would include the back story of her mom who is always trying to turn Maggie into more of a girlie girl because she disapproves of her dirt biking.   It will also chronicle her relationship with Jake and their eventual break up.   The main theme would be Maggie’s struggle to balance what she wants with what those who surround her want (her mom and Jake.) The turning point in the story would be her friend Abe’s untimely death due to a car accident.   Through the grief process, she learns that it’s better to live life for herself and not for anyone else.   She is finally able to find happiness with who she is.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    LOL!

did you like the book? would you recommend it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I did like the book!  It's YA so it's pretty much brain candy but it was well written and I liked the characters.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards