May 2011 Weddings

What should we read next?

Post your book recommendations for the next May 11 Book Club selection. If you don't have a recommendation but like someone else's, voice your opinion so we can see if there's a consensus on the book choice. If you can, link us to your book choice so we can read it's synopsis. Book topics do not have to be exclusive to wedding and bride books, but those are certainly welcome.

Here's my pick:
"Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart A$$, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office"

**TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 since December 2011
Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
~*~Everyone is welcome~*~

Re: What should we read next?

• I think we should finish the series that we started....i cant just read one of the books and not the rest so i have already started Bed of Roses......
  • I'm not really participating in the book club but I have to say Bitter is the New Black is FANTASTIC! 

FI had surgery back in September and I read this while in the waiting room and was cracking up.  I got some dirty looks from people because obviously the surgery waiting room is not really the laugh factory but that's just proof how funny it was :)
  • There were some girls that weren't fans of the Nora Roberts genre. I thought we could mix it up to include more people. To finish the series by means of this book club means three more months of a Nora Roberts book. You can always finish the series on your own.
  • edited December 2010
    I agree that some people aren't fans of NR (me included)  and a lot of people had already read the books but that book was selected anyway. I'm a one book at a time reader so guess ill finish this series and join back to book club later.

Edited: spelling
  • I would totally join in if you did Bitter is the New Black. I've been wanting to read that. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I cast my vote last time for Autobiography of a Fat Bride by Laurie Notaro. It's somewhat wedding related and hilarious and a very quick read.
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • Id love to read the "bitter" book. Im not really looking forward to three more months of Nora Roberts. It was a good book but I like mixing things up and reading other things before I finish a series. (Except the North and South series by John Jakes, had to finish back to back)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bitter looks good.
  • In Response to Re: What should we read next?:
    I cast my vote last time for Autobiography of a Fat Bride by Laurie Notaro. It's somewhat wedding related and hilarious and a very quick read.
    Posted by 8daysaweek
    This looks quite good as well. I did not participate in the last one, because I was on active on this board, but NR is not exactly my thing.

Although, I am a serious Sci-Fi lover, so I'm not sure if any of you would be into what I normally like to read.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can we try to make sure we pick a title that would be easy to pick up at a public library? I can't afford to keep buying all these new books! hahahah!!
    I'm up for either of the so far mentioned titles!
    I don't have any suggestions, because I haven't checked out any new books lately. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree on not doing 3 more months of Nora Roberts. Definitely not my type of reading. I know that not everyone will agree on a book, but that's why we should mix it up and not continue to do ones that the same people don't like for months and months.
  • jlq... Can you get any of the mentioned books at your library? I think Bitter was published in 2006, so it's not brand new. Not sure about the others. Let me know what's available to you.
  • I actually already read the rest of the Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts. I think Bitter would be a good pick!
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
    Can we try to make sure we pick a title that would be easy to pick up at a public library? I can't afford to keep buying all these new books! hahahah!! I'm up for either of the so far mentioned titles! I don't have any suggestions, because I haven't checked out any new books lately. 
    Posted by jlq2005
    You might try something like paperbackswap.com or bookswap.com. I do a couple of those and more often than not I get my books very, very quickly and I know I send them out quickly too. It costs a little to join because you're responsible for shipping your own books but it's way less expensive than buying them all!
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • I really enjoyed vision in white (and I am halfway through bed of roses) but I agree that we should switch it up. I will finish the series on my own, and at the rate I am reading them, I can finish them in a day. two if I am busy. I think bitter sounds funny, and nwr which is nice because the bridal quartet is making me sad about how my wedding turned out :( but I am still enjoying them. 
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    jlq... Can you get any of the mentioned books at your library? I think Bitter was published in 2006, so it's not brand new. Not sure about the others. Let me know what's available to you.
    Posted by uneek1323
    I'll have to check, but the library is closed right now until after the New Year. hahah. .. So I won't be able to check until Monday. But if I can't get them at our town library, it's part of the Access PA Library system, which means I can borrow from any other public library in the state as well. So I'm sure I should be able to find one of them! 
    And if not, I have some borders gift cards to use! hahahah.  :) 

8days - Thanks, I've never heard of that! I'll have to look into it! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards