May 2011 Weddings

SuBC Check In

What have you read this week?
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: SuBC Check In

• Dr.Seuss and Mr.Giesel. read a biography for 10pts. I have wanted to read this biography for a while and I am glad I did. I found it quite fascinating. that's all folks. I have been doing a lot of sewing instead of reading :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited July 2012
    Divergent - 10pts (book with outdoors on its cover)
    Insurgent - 5 pts (book I got for free)
    Household Stories - 10pts (book set prior to 1900)

So 25 this week.

ETA: I loved Divergent and Insurgent.  Loved.  Household Stories is a translation of Grimm's Fairy Tales I'm read for a class I'm taking.  I'd always heard they were dark, but I didn't realize they were so grim(m).

Pun obviously intended.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry (read a book with a child as the main character - 10 pts)

Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot (read a book located in a school - 25 pts)

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (write a prequel or sequel summary - 25 pts)

I didn't like The Giver as much as I thought I would.  I probably would have liked it a lot more if I had read it when I was younger rather than now.

I really liked Along for the Ride and Size 12 was just ok.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I read Chasing Rainbows by Kathleen Long wrote a prequel on Saturday for 25 pts. I liked it. It was fluffy chick lit. Emart I didn't really like the Giver either...
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My Life by Bill Clinton- Biography 10 points
    The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama - Polical Issue 15 points
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    None! Boo hopefully I get more read this week.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I read Coraline (Find a movie based on a book and watch the movie before reading the book): 25 pts.

I actually enjoyed the book more than the movie I think, it was just kind of fun and creepy and a good quick read.  I was interested in the author's comments at the end, he said that adults read Coraline and find it scary/creepy, and kids read it and find it adventurous/fun.  Interesting how our perspectives on things change with age, and we don't even realize it.
    imageimage
  • Book I got for free - Delirium  - 5 points

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was better than some YA dystpopian novels I've read lately, and I definitely plan to read the sequel to it. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yay alex!  So happy you joined us :)  I didn't realize this was your first check in!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • ms.jess - I'm glad someone else feels this way :)  I was a bit disappointed because I loved Number the Stars growing up (another novel by Lois Lowry) and had such high expectations.  But I bet it's because I'm 27 and have read more in depth dystopian but I was still let down a bit.  But I felt really bad about it since everyone seems to love it.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • In Response to Re: SuBC Check In:
    ms.jess - I'm glad someone else feels this way :)  I was a bit disappointed because I loved Number the Stars growing up (another novel by Lois Lowry) and had such high expectations.  But I bet it's because I'm 27 and have read more in depth dystopian but I was still let down a bit.  But I felt really bad about it since everyone seems to love it.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    Yeah I read it for my family book club because it's my cousin in law's favorite book. I was disapointed by the shallowness of the story and the characters, and even tho I kow it is for kids, look at Harry Potter. I also really didn't like how it ended. I seriously thought some pages had been ripped out. 
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards