May 2011 Weddings

Wedding Etiquette Fun on FB

I realize I probably screwed up the spelling, but whatever. :P

My cousin is getting married on September 1 and I'm friends with his fiancee and she just posted a status that I really want to comment on, but I'll refrain. The funny thing is, she and I share the same first name and she's marrying into my maiden name. It really weirded me out when I first realized it.

Her current status says:
All wedding invitees - please book your hotel rooms by 8/17!!!!!! Quit screwing around and get it done!!
Love, Kristin and Dan

My initial reaction was wtf?! Don't tell me what to do! But I held back. :)

Previous status updates:
Keep sending in your response cards! I want to start working on the seating arrangements sooner than later - THANKS!

Keep sending in your response cards! I don't care that I just sent them out on Friday! Send them in!!!!

finished wedding guest list - hope you made it on there! finished bridal shower invite list aaaaand bachelorette shower invite list (posted Nov 2011 for a Sept 2012 wedding...)

I would imagine she'll have more gems as the date approaches, but these stuck out at me. So yeah, expect more from me as she posts. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding Etiquette Fun on FB

• That's about five more status updates than I put up relating to my wedding :-)

She's special. 

I have a Facebook friend who also posted "Mark your calendars!  Our wedding will be on XX at XX.  See you there!"  Um, are you inviting all of your 1,000 friends, idiot?  This guy also tried to tell me he had a Ph.D. in Chemistry (I think he means he took chem classes at a community college - seriously) so he's not the sharpest pencil in the case.
  • Why is she so worried about people booking their hotel rooms? It's not like she loses out if they don't. 
    Also, I HATE when people post on facebook things about sending response cards back in. Like, chill, they will come when they will come.

I would probably have to say something. haha. I just can't control myself sometimes! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Wedding Etiquette Fun on FB:
    finished wedding guest list - hope you made it on there! finished bridal shower invite list aaaaand bachelorette shower invite list (posted Nov 2011 for a Sept 2012 wedding...) I would imagine she'll have more gems as the date approaches, but these stuck out at me. So yeah, expect more from me as she posts. :)
    Posted by kris2131
    Also, this is beyond rude. 
    People amaze me.
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Love it. My SIL posts some amazing gems about their wedding too. I think I posted what she wrote about their HM registry before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards