• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Outdoor Ceremony Time?

For those May Brides that are getting married outdoors, what time is your ceremony? I checked Farmer’s Almanac and sunset is supposed to be around 8:00. We are doing everything at the same venue, (facing east) and we have a lot of twinkly lights around that we were hoping to enjoy for a lot of the festivities, not just the end, and we are pondering what time to begin everything at.

I am about to order the invitations and they say 6:00pm which puts the ceremony 6:00-6:30, cocktail from 6:30-7:00, dinner 7:00-8:00 and cake/tosses 8:00-8:30 the evening on it’s own from 8:30 onwards. But I wanted to know what others are doing?

*as a note we are doing a first look and getting most pics out of the way beforehand. It would only be the family pictures during the cocktail hour.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Time?

• I am not having an outdoor wedding.
    But wondering if the dance is going on outside too? My only suggestion would be to have some outdoor heaters on hand in case it is unseasonable cool evening.

Sounds beautiful to me. The only thing I have heard that effects timelines and outdoor weddings is the park closing at 10.

HTH!

• I am having an outdoor ceremony and indoor/outdoor cocktail hour and had faced this issue myself a few months ago when we first booked our venue.  Our ceremony starts at 7:30 which I know is cutting it close but my banquet coordinator assured me that we will have enough time that the location is well lit.  I think it'll be nice having our ceremony ending and cocktail hour starting at sunset. 

We too wanted to get most of our pictures done beforehand so we wouldn't miss cocktail hour and time at our reception. 

Overall I thinkg you'll be fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having an outdoor ceremony at 5:30 p.m. and an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour from 6-7p.m.  Hoping for some great natural light for pictures.
  • We are having an outdoor ceremony at 5:00 p.m. and an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour from 530-630p.m.
    Married!! 5.7.11
    image image
    my read shelf:
    Jillian's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We are doing a Sunday afternoon at 3 pm with the reception running from 4-9 so we will get to appreciate the sunset but also have the spring garden wedding we are planning. 
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Thanks for the feedback guys! The times are kind of all over the place which I didn't expect but makes me feel better about just doing what i want because there is no "right time"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're have the ceremony start at 5 with cocktail hour from 530 to 630

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards