• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

*T&Ps Needed*

I never do this but I could use all the T&Ps I can get at this point.  My mom just called and she is driving from Miinnesota to Michigan tomorrow.  My grandpa's health has been deteriorating over the last few months and it's gotten to the point where he will have to go into a nursing home.  The final straw was that he fell today and hit the mantel in their living room.  He's all black and blue but thankfully no broken bones.

There is just so much that is up in the air at the moment and I feel so helpless.  And I feel just awful for my mom.  I just hope he and my grandma can stay together because it would break their hearts to be separated.  They've been married for 60+ years and although they bicker like there's no tomorrow, you can tell they love each other so much.

I'm just so worried about them so any extra T&Ps you can throw their way, I would greatly appreciate it :) 

Re: *T&Ps Needed*

• I am so sorry to hear that. it's always hard to hear of our loved ones growing older. I hope things work out and they can stay together. Prayers for your grandparents and whole family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, E. It's hard when our grandparents get old. I'll keep your grandparents and you and the rest of your family in my T & P.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 8daysaweek8daysaweek member
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I'm sorry Liz and I'll be praying for your grandpa, you and your family.
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • So sorry to hear that!! Sending up prayers for your grandpa, grandpa, you and your family! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm so sorry to hear this.  Things like this are scary!  Definitely keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • T&Ps coming you and your family's way!  Admitting a family member into a nursing home is an extremely hard decision, but many will let your grandma and grandpa be together.  Keep us updated!
  • Oh, E . I am so sorry .I have never experienced this first hand, but I saw it when I worked as a nurse in a long term care facility. I wish that your grandpa recovers from his fall quickly and I am sure they have been through so much in 60+ years; they can get through this . I am praying for your ease of mind too!1
    Photobucket ~Tub Cat the Supermodel~
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    hugs emart! sending my prayers and love to tour family in this difficult situation
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Thank you everyone :)  I completely fell apart last night and poor DH was left to pick up the pieces.  I'm doing better today but we'll see what this next week brings.

You girls are the best!
  • Sorry I'm late, but sending love and prayers to you and your family. I hope everything turns out well and your grandparents can stay together in their home and that your grandpa improves!  Please keep us posted!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Many T&P's for your grandpa! I think sometimes it's harder seeing your parents deal with the declining health of their parents, so try and stay strong for your mom :(
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Sorry to hear this :( thinking of you!
  • Many hugs for you Liz. I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • So sorry to hear this; it's so difficult to watch family members age, especially when they are no longer safe. Sending positive thoughts to your family! 

planning bio
  • rschuckmanrschuckman member
    1000 Comments
    edited March 2012
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards