May 2011 Weddings

Bachelorette Finale (spoilers!)

Who wants to chat about it? Though it might be difficult if TK is wonky today....

Re: Bachelorette Finale (spoilers!)

• I didn't watch it but I know who she picked and I have a lot to say about that.
    First, I didn't like either of them for her but that's beside the point. Jef is a child. I understand that she wants someone who is light hearted and carefree, but he's a little too much of that. She has a child and needs to find someone who would be a father for her child, not act like a second child. But whatever. They probably won't last anyway. They never do, except for Trista and Ryan.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • I totally agree Nik.  I think Shawn would have been the better choice over Arie and Jef. He was older and a lot more serious than either of them. You didn't see the end, but it was just ridiculout how she was hemming and hawing, "ohh I don't know if I'll say yes to a proposal, I don't want to be the girl who is engaged 15 times (hello, it would only be 3), blah blah blah

So Jef lives in UItah or something and she still lives in the house the Hendricks' pay for in NC, right? Good luck w/that.
  • Also the spelling of "Jef" annoys me to no end.
  • Oh, of course she would have been dramatic about whether or not to get engaged. She exhausts me.
  • LOL, it doesn't bother me as much as people who spell it: Geoff!
  • Did Arie propose? What did she say to him? I guess I should find the episode online.
  • LOL no! She decided the day she was going to go on the date w/him that she knew she wanted to be w/Jef so she sent him home. They didn't go on a date, he didn't have to go through that awkward proposal and then getting a rejection thing. So in that sense it was prety repsectful of her...
  • I didn't watch it, but know who she picked. Normally, H and I watch the finale together, but I told him I didn't give a sh!t about this finale. He never liked Emily even though I liked her on Brad's season. He kept saying she was fake, but didn't see it until after she won. I didn't like this season and am glad it's over. I watched a couple parts of last night. One was when she was talking to Chris about not wanting to go on that final date with Arie and then the other when Jef was proposing. Blah blah blah. Not the one I would have picked, but whatever. Her choice. And I hate how she AW'd her daughter around the way she did. She should have kept Ricki off camera.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Jef!  I actually like her more for her picking Jef than Arie since she didn't seem to have much of a connection with Arie other than physical.  So it showed some self-awareness on her part to pick the guy who she could be herself around.  I also give her respect for not seeing Arie when he flew to NC after the show.  She was happy with her choice and knew no good would come from seeing him.  I also like how she didn't read his journal and returned it to him.

I still think she's just in it for the fame and when she said on the after the final rose show, "I'd be happy with a piece of tape around my finger" instead of her giant rock, I rolled my eyes.

Jef will be moving to NC but not living with them.  He owns his own business which he can do from anywhere so they don't want to uproot Ricki.

OH and when she was dumping Arie, it was super awkward.  He had just talked to this woman who was helping him create a love potion and saying how he was going to propose the next day and blah blah blah.  The whole time I kept thinking, "you poor bastard."
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Re: Bachelorette Finale (spoilers!):
    I like Jef!  I actually like her more for her picking Jef than Arie since she didn't seem to have much of a connection with Arie other than physical.  So it showed some self-awareness on her part to pick the guy who she could be herself around.  I also give her respect for not seeing Arie when he flew to NC after the show.  She was happy with her choice and knew no good would come from seeing him.  I also like how she didn't read his journal and returned it to him. I still think she's just in it for the fame and when she said on the after the final rose show, "I'd be happy with a piece of tape around my finger" instead of her giant rock, I rolled my eyes. Jef will be moving to NC but not living with them.  He owns his own business which he can do from anywhere so they don't want to uproot Ricki. OH and when she was dumping Arie, it was super awkward.  He had just talked to this woman who was helping him create a love potion and saying how he was going to propose the next day and blah blah blah.  The whole time I kept thinking, "you poor bastard."
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    How do you know these things? Was it on ATFR? I didn't watch that yet. I didn't get home until 9 last night and three hours of was more than I could handle.
  • In Response to Re: Bachelorette Finale (spoilers!):
    In Response to Re: Bachelorette Finale (spoilers!) : How do you know these things? Was it on ATFR? I didn't watch that yet. I didn't get home until 9 last night and three hours of was more than I could handle.
    Posted by aimers1525
    Yep, it was on ATFR.  They brought Arie out and he basically said he flew to NC because he was so in love with her and thought he could convince her to come back to him.  But then once he actually got to NC he realized that it probably wasn't a good idea.  He called her and then left his journal from the show on her doorstep for her to read.

She didn't read it and gave it back to him last night.  And it was Jef that called Arie to basically tell him that they are happy and it's just not going to work about between Arie and Emily.  It was super awkward.

Then later they disclosed that Jef will be moving to NC.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Ooooo, I'm going to watch that tonight!
  • Sooo glad this season is over.  It was almost painful to watch at times.  (I know, I don't have to watch...).  I don't know why but I don't like Jef.  The one F definitely annoys me and he looks like he's 12.  I also hate his style...skinny pants.  He isn't a bad guy or anything, I just don't feel it for him.  I doubt they ever get married.  I felt bad for Arie when she was trying to break-up with him.  Why can't she be direct.  She was horrible about that with all the guys.  Awkward.  I agree with the other posters, she should have picked Sean.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards