May 2011 Weddings

It's Friday!

Woohoo!  We made it ladies :)

I'm not going to be around today as I am manning our front desk and don't have any privacy.  So no knotting for me :(  I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great weekend!!
May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: It's Friday!

• good morning. my car ac is getting fixed today. praise the lord. but that means I am car less and will be forced to be around my house all day. I am not up set by this :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Good morning!
    H's cousins are in town from California and they're coming over tonight. We haven't seen them since last October.
  • Hello. I hope to be asleep again. I'm tired of getting up at seven to take dh to work. I'm having lunch with a friend later. I'm excited. :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Happy Friday!!! Enjoy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-6XBbqoGRk

We have my SIL's wedding tomorrow. Not super excited about it because her FI is a total stick in the mud. But, oh well, he makes her happy and that's all that matters. Other than that, just working a half day and getting out of here! I hope you all have an awesome weekend!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello!!

I just found out a 3 month old infant and a 6-9yr old little girl were injured in the CO shooting.  What parents in their right minds brings kids and BABIES that young to a midnight showing. Seriously.  My heart aches for everyone involved.

Plans for this weekend? Oh, just having brunch with Nikki. NBD.

Aggie, how was your date with her?
  • I have no idea how I knew that was you, but I did.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning!

I'm happy because Chase has slept through the night the last two nights and I got to sleep almost uninterrupted. I woke up in the middle of the night to turn the tv off.

I might be in and out today since the newbie here at work is doing a bunch of shadowing and I'll have to pretend to be productive. If you're bored, I have a couple threads from TB you could read.

I won't explain this one. The first post is pretty hilarious and the responses are just as good. LINKY

And this one was a follow up from a DD who originally posted that she thought she might be showing at 8 weeks and thought she might be pregnant with multiples and from what I can tell, all the responses to her original post were respectful and answered her questions, but she DD'd anyway. http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67438639.aspx (why can't I LINKY that one? It won't let me highlight the word. Grrrr)

That should hold you over for a while. :)

H is working tomorrow, so it's just me and kidlet hanging out. And I will for sure be catching up on the dvr stuff. I'm behind on PLL and Secret Life.
    Anniversary
  • I was thinking that too BB when I heard there was a 3mo old being treated for gun shot wounds :( its all so sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • People at work were talking about that too. Seriously selfish parents out there who can't wait until the next day to go to a movie.
    Anniversary
  • What a horrible and sad tragedy.  What is this world coming to?  My heart goes out to everyone affected.  At least they caught the guy and he is being held.  What a sick dude to shoot and kil innocent people and a 3 month old baby and a 9 year old.  Sick.

Nothing new here.  Just glad it's Friday.  I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday and that's about all that's planned.

I'm really losing patience with house hunting.  I just want to find a great house.  Why is it so hard?  Ugh.  I know something will come along some day but I'm feeling discouraged lately.
    Anniversary
  • ms.jessms.jess
    1000 Comments
    edited July 2012
    Good morning. I am not sure why my state makes people want to shoot people, but I dont understand it. I am just sad and shocked. This was about 30 miles from me. Edit: 18 miles from me
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    It's pouring here.  I love the rain, especially summer rain, so I think it's great.

Of course, Jay and I planned to go to Hershey Park tomorrow as we were rained out last week.  Yeah, it's gonna rain again tomorrow.  SIGH.  We'll get there eventually!

I have a crap ton to do.  Happy Friday!
  • I have never understood taking young children to an obviously adult movie but at the same time it doesn't effect how horrible this tragedy is :'( I really wish the media would stop giving a name and a face to the shooter. they are seeking attention and they know they can get it that way.
    Fred Rogers
  • I just read about what happened in CO! Seriously, why are there babies and toddlers at a midnight showing? What a horrible, horrible tragedy.

In othee news, I have a busy weekend! DH and I are going to see Batman tonight, I have a friend from college in town tmrw, and Sunday DH and I are celebrating our birthdays w/our families! Oh, no it did not rain on Carly Rae. My gf's and I got there, listened to her set and left after she played Call Me Maybe. And we got a bunch of free Pop Tarts? lol
  • Free poptarts at a concert? That's pretty random...
    Anniversary
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    Morning. I am in a meeting this morning. So far it has been a sales pitch so I am knotting. UO: I think it is perfectly exceptable for parents to bring a 3 month old to a movie. They sleep a lot at that age and it is not like they know what is going on. A 9 year old is a different story but that is the parents choice. Aggie: how was meeting uneek? As awesome as I imagine??
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    O... I posted this on the DC board with no luck. Anyone in DC know a good makeup/hair person? http://m.theknot.com/forums/localweddingboards_dc_helphairmakeup
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • In Response to Re:It's Friday!:
    Morning. I am in a meeting this morning. So far it has been a sales pitch so I am knotting. UO: I think it is perfectly exceptable for parents to bring a 3 month old to a movie. They sleep a lot at that age and it is not like they know what is going on. A 9 year old is a different story but that is the parents choice. Aggie: how was meeting uneek? As awesome as I imagine??
    Posted by degrea
    I have no issues with someone taking a 3 month old to a movie. Would I take Chase? I haven't, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't. But at midnight, he's been asleep for about 3 hours and I wouldn't wake him up to take him, nor would I keep him up to take him. His sleep is more important to me than being one of the first people to see a movie at a midnight showing.
    Anniversary
  • Good morning y'all  :)

What an awful tradgedy in CO, my heart goes out to those people.  As far as the 3 month old, if Andrew & I were to take Alexa to a movie, which I doubt we would, it would be a midnight movie... she would be sound asleep, we would put her in her carseat and she probably would sleep through the entire thing.

Looking forward to the weekend and the cooler weather.   Does anyone work out w/kettlebells?  I just bought a set of them yesterday and am googling the best exercises, I have never really worked w/them before but have heard they are awesome. 
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    In Response to Re:It's Friday!:
    In Response to Re:It's Friday!:Morning. I am in a meeting this morning. So far it has been a sales pitch so I am knotting. UO: I think it is perfectly exceptable for parents to bring a 3 month old to a movie. They sleep a lot at that age and it is not like they know what is going on. A 9 year old is a different story but that is the parents choice. Aggie: how was meeting uneek? As awesome as I imagine??Posted by degreaI have no issues with someone taking a 3 month old to a movie. Would I take Chase? I haven't, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't. But at midnight, he's been asleep for about 3 hours and I wouldn't wake him up to take him, nor would I keep him up to take him. His sleep is more important to me than being one of the first people to see a movie at a midnight showing. Posted by kris2131
    Totally get what you are saying but we don't know this baby schedule or anything and people were judging the parents. I was just saying I didn't see anything wrong with it.
  • Also just a pic I took yesterday that I love, Hunter & Alexa.
    Being off all summer has been awesome so far, getting to spend alot of timne w/Hunter and me and Alexa are loving it :)

• degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    Awwwww so cute Masey. Love it!!
  • In Response to Re: It's Friday!:
    I'm with Kris, going to see a matinee and bring your sleeping 3 month old? no problem. A freakin' midnight showing? No excuses. 
    Posted by Beaniebeach
    why though? the baby is probabaly dead asleep and has no idea that you even went to a movie, it is the perfect time to bring a baby IMO..
  • In Response to Re:It's Friday!:
    Awwwww so cute Masey. Love it!!
    Posted by degrea
    :) thanks!!
  • Masey!!!  Aww, what a cute pic of Hunter and Alexa.  Sooo sweet!

On the whole baby/movie issue:  I do believe it's true, the infant would be sound asleep so I really don't see the harm in it.  Would I do it?  Probably not.  I don't judge people who would do it though.  My only caveat is that if the baby starts crying, hopefully the parents would take the baby outside to calm it down. 

Random question:  Do you have to buy another movie ticket for bringing in the baby? 
    Anniversary
  • I find it to be selfish personally. they maybe asleep but studies have shown it still effects how they sleep when they aren't in their normal sleeping environment. and they can wake up and cry. I love kids and typically am not bothered by crying/ fussing children but when I got to an adult movie and an adult time then yes I get irritated. and uneek is awesome :). we had fun on wed just chatting it up. she has the picture so I can't post one.
    Fred Rogers
  • In Response to Re: It's Friday!:
    Masey!!!  Aww, what a cute pic of Hunter and Alexa.  Sooo sweet! On the whole baby/movie issue:  I do believe it's true, the infant would be sound asleep so I really don't see the harm in it.  Would I do it?  Probably not.  I don't judge people who would do it though.  My only caveat is that if the baby starts crying, hopefully the parents would take the baby outside to calm it down.  Random question:  Do you have to buy another movie ticket for bringing in the baby? 
    Posted by rschuckman
    Same

& thanks!  He is so cute w/her and she adores him, she stares at him constantly LOL
  • thanks BB :)  what kind of nursery would you do? If I could redo mine I would.. I like the monkeys but now kind of wish I went w/just a plain lavender & gray.. maybe once we move I will do something like that.
  • degrea your link isn't working for me. are you looking for wedding hair makeup? is this for yoy specifically or for the group? and what area of DC do you know? I am on the DC nest OB so I can ask them for you.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards