GO
May 2011 Weddings

It's Friday!

13»

Re: It's Friday!

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    Hmmm...  "Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling's first novel for adults."

After gushing about its comedy, thoughtfulness and surprises... the end of the sentence just says "it's her first novel for adults?"  I find that odd.  I feel like it should've ended with "The Casual Vacancy leaves readers hungry for more adult novels from JK Rowling!" or "The Casual Vacancy proves that Rowling still has the magic touch of writing!" or just something more exciting.

I'm worried that it doesn't say that.
  • In Response to Re: It's Friday!:
    and OMG  THIS  is hilarious!
    Posted by aggiebug
    Tom Cruise wins!  Tom Cruise wins!!
  • Yeah I found that a little odd, but I don't tend to put much stake in those reviews.  I dunno I find I disagree with them more than I agree it seems
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Good to know, Aggie!  I only read reviews after I've read the book.  I'm so weird.

I loooove finishing a book and then reading all the real people reviews.  I'm so curious to see if people disliked what I disliked about the book.  It's the next best thing to a book club.
  • That picture of Tara Reid...that's just a regular day for her, isn't it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    That picture of Tara Reid...that's just a regular day for her, isn't it?
    Posted by kris2131

haha that was my thought exactly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I can't wait to read JK Rowling's new book. 
    The library here doesn't even know it exists. Hopefully the library in our new town will! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Also, I'm back from my lunch date and my downstairs neighbor is now playing his music even louder than when I left. 
    I find that really rude. I try to be very quiet when I'm home durin the day so as to not be disruptive, and he just blares his music. I mean, yes, our walls are thin and crappy, but still. I do NOT want to sit here and listen to this crap while I'm trying to read. GRRR.

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    I'M SO BORED.
    Posted by Beaniebeach
    Go back to Page 1 and read the two threads I shared. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    In Response to Re: It's Friday! : Go back to Page 1 and read the two threads I shared. :)
    Posted by kris2131
    Ya, they were pretty good! Nice entertainment.

Or, you could come here and sing along with my downstairs neighbor. He apparently never tires of it. 
    my read shelf:
13»
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards