• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Happy Wednes...Thursday!

I really thought today was Wednesday, lol.  Where is everyone?
Married: 5.28.11

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]

Re: Happy Wednes...Thursday!

• Morning!

I'm here! Not much going on today. I was so busy at work yesterday, I didn't get the chance to come here.

So this morning, I got notification of a Groupon to the zoo and it expires in 2 weeks. That's crazy! I'd like to get it, but I would just feel pressured to go. Chase would love it, though.

Is anyone else as hungry as I am? I feel like I've been a bottomless pit lately.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm starving.  I have a banana but I want pancakes lol.

Does the Groupon from the zoo seem like a great deal?

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • Compromise. Go with banana pancakes. :)

Yeah, normally 14.95 and it's for $7 a ticket. I'm going to mention it to H and see what he says, but next Saturday is out because he has to work. So we've got like 3 possible days we could go and we can't really plan for it, you know? It's like go this weekend, or next and that's it.
    Anniversary
  • Oooh yay I love the zoo!

Not much going on here.  I'm back in the office playing catch up so nothing interesting.  I was panicked because I was working with Twitter today and someone we follow said Happy Hump Day and I was sad because I thought it was Thursday but then they are telling me it's Wednesday.  But I'm happy again because it's Thursday.

It's been a confusing morning for me.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning! I've been all confused this week regarding the days of the wekk, too, haha.  Sooo glad it's Thursday though; a day closer to the weekend!
    Anniversary
  • I think I'd cry if it was Wednesday. I'm so ready for this week to be over.

Saturday morning I'm going to the Farmer's Market to buy a bunch of veggies. I'm making Chase's food (at least attempting to) and I'm excited to start that. I won't be starting him on the food until next month, but I'm looking forward to getting it all made and put together and stuff.
    Anniversary
  • Hiii ladies!

This week has been super slow for me. Glad that today is my Friday. Anxious for my doctors appointment tomorrow morning. Not really sure why, lol. I think i'm just getting nervous. Every person I talk to is like "oh my goodness.. 5 weeks OR LESS." Yes, thanks for making my heart race just a little bit faster!

DH and I are thinking about doing a romantic dinner this weekend. Maybe staying overnight somewhere. I need to start brainstorming!

@Che- I want pancakes!
    @Kris- I love the zoo!

Hope everyone is doing well! :)
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay I just got training on our new plotter/scanner.  I also drew a picture of pancakes and texted it to my H.  He wasn't convinced about pancakes, booo,  I might make some for dinner.

Kris - That is a good deal.  Hopefully things will work out so you can try to go on a free day.
    BB - I'm so excited about that!  I already have my week planned out for the new shows.
    LBV & RSC - Well at least it's Thursday!
    Manda - Awww!  Have fun at your dinner this weekend.

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • edited September 2012
    Bonjour!  I just got home from work, and my H is off to pick up a friend from the airport.

It's been a little stressful around here the last couple of weeks.  My H had been offered a job at a staffing company (at the company, not a temp assignment), but they kept pushing back the start date because the girl he was replacing kept pushing back her quitting date.  He had a couple of interviews (and second interviews) in the process and one of them went quite well (they hinted he would be getting the job), but he didn't get it.  So he called the staffing company to see if they had a start date, but they told him the girl had decided not to quit and they no longer needed him.

He had two interviews today, and he's pretty sure he got the job he wanted.  It's at the Subaru campus (they have so much stuff over there besides the factory), and though he'd get paid less than the factory guys, he'd make more than he ever has before AND get Subaru benefits (which are awesome).  He should find out on Wednesday, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

My preschool class is going alright, although my boys have been a bit MIA.  One hasn't been there in two weeks, one came one day last week and one came one day this week. They're all three signed up for three days a week, so I'm not sure what's going on.  One of my Monday girls is going to be gone for a month (her grandparents from Korea are coming over, and they want to spend as much time with her as possible), so that will make Mondays a little quieter (not that they're loud now...most of my kids are pretty quiet).

Other than all that, not a lot is new with me.  I'm on something that's supposed to help balance my hormones.  My dad is planning a surprise honeymoon to Scotland for his fiancee.  Archie seems to think he's nocturnal.  We might have a friend staying with us in a couple of weeks.  I watched Saved by the Bell and Boy Meets World every day.  You know, basic life stuff.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    Hi Alex!  I'll think good thoughts for your husband!!

I'm in a huge funk right now.  Professionally, I feel so unchallenged, uninterested, and just uninspired.  I don't have a 401K.  We don't own a home.  We aren't having kids.  I have an amazing degree and am paid like a pauper.  Jay makes decent money and has the 401K with the life insurance so - um - at least one of us is an adult.  All my clothes are torn.  I don't have the wardrobe of a 32 year old.  We are trying to move far away and no one's too supportive of that decision.  I wonder if we're making all the wrong choices, even though they feel like the right choices to us. 

Every so often, I go through this life crisis.  I forget that life is journey. I just want the kind of success that lets me relax sooner rather than later.  I just feel like the me I want to be is not what I am right now.  It makes me sad.
  • hi everyone!
    I am exhausted.. we just got back from the library, I got the second season of Big Bang Theory.. I am trying to watch all the seasons before the new one starts but it is taking forever to get them because there is someone else checking them out and returning them late... grr LOL.

Joy- my clothes have holes too.. honestly.. my H looks at me half the time and is like you are NOT going out like that LOL.  I hate to buy myself] a ton of new stuff because I made the decision to stay at home this year and not work and I don't really fit in my pre-preg clothes yet (UGH) so I am wearing sh*tty yoga pants every day.  Even when I had money though I had a bad wardrobe, I swear I have no style at all.
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the same way, I have no style. I go to Target or Kohls and I can't stand the styles that are out. I feel like I have like 5 or 6 tops to wear for work and that's it. I often wonder who these stores hire as shoppers to look for the clothes for the season. They suck.
    Anniversary
  • I don't like the current style of clothes, either. blagh.

Joy - I'm sorry to hear that you feel you aren't getting support in your decisions.  :( That's a terrible feeling to have. You&Jay need to make choices that are right for you, not anyone else, and hopefully others will learn to understand that.  If your choices feel right to you two, then that's what matters. They will learn to get used to the ideas. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    Thanks guys.  It'll get better.  I was reading a thread on proboards yesterday where one of the girls was talking about her sister and basically said "I'm sorry she's poor, but it was her decision to go to grad school and not get a real job."  I think that just upset me because I did go to grad school and I am poor, but I hardly think that's something to be ashamed of.  I have a very full mind.  Sadly, a very full mind isn't always paid appropriately. 

I don't feel like I've made any mistakes (even not owning a home,* not having kids** yet and moving abroad feel like perfect decisions for us), but sometimes I look around and think "sh!t."  I want to be challenged, I want to feel involved again.  All I feel is despair because getting out my postdoc is like Tobey Maguire trying to get out of his black spide-y suit (yes, go with it). 

I'll be okay in a fe days.  Maybe Jay'll call me, tell me he loves London and was offered a job.  I might die of happiness.

* - we can cerrtainly afford to, we just haven't chose to do so because moving out the burbs makes us want to claw our eyes out.  We want to wait until we can afford in the city.

** - Next year's project, but we're the last of our friends to not have children and I feel like we're percevied as freaks sometimes.
  • In Response to Re: Happy Wednes...Thursday!:
    Thanks guys.  It'll get better.  I was reading a thread on proboards yesterday where one of the girls was talking about her sister and basically said "I'm sorry she's poor, but it was her decision to go to grad school and not get a real job."  I think that just upset me because I did go to grad school and I am poor, but I hardly think that's something to be ashamed of.  I have a very full mind.  Sadly, a very full mind isn't always paid appropriately.  I don't feel like I've made any mistakes (even not owning a home,* not having kids** yet and moving abroad feel like perfect decisions for us), but sometimes I look around and think "sh!t."  I want to be challenged, I want to feel involved again.  All I feel is despair because getting out my postdoc is like Tobey Maguire trying to get out of his black spide-y suit (yes, go with it).  I'll be okay in a fe days.  Maybe Jay'll call me, tell me he loves London and was offered a job.  I might die of happiness. * - we can cerrtainly afford to, we just haven't chose to do so because moving out the burbs makes us want to claw our eyes out.  We want to wait until we can afford in the city. ** - Next year's project, but we're the last of our friends to not have children and I feel like we're percevied as freaks sometimes.
    Posted by Joy2611
    This is one reason why I love you.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • I am Tobey Maguire.  My job is the farking black suit.  And yes, venom is inside it.

blah - it won't play!  LINK
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards